2024 Cadets Alumni Corps

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

You could be one of the mannequins in the end zone.

i can't stand still that long. and i'm not an alumnus

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I need to do a better job of that. 

I got it..it was kinda funny picturing 70 yr olds like myself, doing 200bpm on a football field..Your enthusiasm for that period of Cadet history is admirable..Peace

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kevingamin said:

We really did light a fire under the DCI alumni corps movement. 👍

Ahem .. where and when is Glassmen Alumni coming out?  Maybe invite NA/Coachmen/Bandettes and the rest of GLJA corps to come join

4 hours ago, supersop said:

Ahem .. where and when is Glassmen Alumni coming out?  Maybe invite NA/Coachmen/Bandettes and the rest of GLJA corps to come join

you got $$$?

On 8/30/2022 at 2:09 PM, greg_orangecounty said:

WAY too much work.  (and the BDs would win that too 😑)

No worries there...BD having a true alumni corps won't happen so long as the current org leadership is in place.

14 hours ago, 84BDsop said:

No worries there...BD having a true alumni corps won't happen so long as the current org leadership is in place.

which kinda surprises me given the goodwill the groups generate

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

which kinda surprises me given the goodwill the groups generate

There's a LOT of resistance to the idea at the org.  Worries about pulling focus from the competing groups, money, rehearsals, instruments, etc....but the biggest one is the quality.  They don't want anything that would negatively impact the brand, which IS the biggest one in the marching arts.

I get that...a lot of the alums do...but the org acts like we suddenly forgot how to play after we aged out (similar to 07, to be honest).

8 hours ago, 84BDsop said:

There's a LOT of resistance to the idea at the org.  Worries about pulling focus from the competing groups, money, rehearsals, instruments, etc....but the biggest one is the quality.  They don't want anything that would negatively impact the brand, which IS the biggest one in the marching arts.

I get that...a lot of the alums do...but the org acts like we suddenly forgot how to play after we aged out (similar to 07, to be honest).

very disappointing. all they have to do is look to Ohio on how to do it