Mandated show themes?

What if DCI tried an experiment for one year. A mandated show theme that all corps must interpret. Kind of like they do with floats in the Rose Parade.

I would love to see how all corps would interpret a common topic. What risks? Many units might sound and look similar. 

Thoughts?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/3/2022 at 1:50 PM, combia1 said:

What if DCI tried an experiment for one year. A mandated show theme that all corps must interpret. Kind of like they do with floats in the Rose Parade.

I would love to see how all corps would interpret a common topic. What risks? Many units might sound and look similar. 

Thoughts?

All 2024 shows must be about clowns.

"Presenting their show, This Will Always Be in Your Nightmares Ever After". DCI is proud to present....The Mandarins!"

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Pennywise will figure in somewhere. 

The entire guard uses the seldom seen "red balloons" for their weapons work. I dig this concept and will absolutely NOT watch ANY of the shows as that 1990 mini-series scared the @^^&# out of me. It could however be a neat "SCV" effect as the entire corps disappears under storm drains at the end of the show..../shiver

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

The entire guard uses the seldom seen "red balloons" for their weapons work. I dig this concept and will absolutely NOT watch ANY of the shows as that 1990 mini-series scared the @^^&# out of me. It could however be a neat "SCV" effect as the entire corps disappears under storm drains at the end of the show..../shiver

This is on me now if it happens. 🤦‍♀️ Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. 

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa

I saw this and had a flashback of Sister Mary Rebecca tossing holy water on me and screaming "Don't laugh! That's what Satan wants you to do!" True story.....

• Haha 4

55 minutes ago, combia1 said:

Thoughts?

My thought is that BD would have to put together a show where the theme is really visibly recognizable by the judges. Yes

• Like 1