2022 Drum Corps Associates Alumni Spectacular

kevingamin

Good morning and welcome back to the Rochester Community Sports Complex, home of the 2022 Drum Corps Associates Alumni Spectacular! My name is Kevin Gamin, Managing News Editor of Drum Corps Planet, and I will be bringing you LIVE! From the Stands coverage of today’s performances.

The weather is significantly different than yesterday. Currently, Rochester is overcast with a temperature of 67 degrees and a light mist coming and going. This is nowhere near enough to postpone or stop the show, but it will be interesting to see if conditions improve throughout the day or if this is what we’re in store for the entire time.

Today’s view:

#nikon #snapbridge

First thing I need to do is move my camera AWAY from the window and put the sun shield on. This mist is blowing into the press box. Even my iPad screen is getting droplets and it’s facing away from the window.

EVENT SCHEDULE

9:50 AM – National Anthem – Freelancers

10:00 AM – Star United

10:18 AM – Mighty St. Joes

10:36 AM – Try Valley Brass

10:54 AM – NY Skyliners Alumni

11:12 AM – Freelancers

11:30 AM – Bill Ives Presentation

11:48 AM – Hamburg Kingsmen

12:06 PM – Caballeros Alumni

Freelancers Alumni performing the Canadian and United States national anthems:

#nikon #snapbridge

1 minute ago, Mikah said:

EVENT SCHEDULE

9:50 AM – National Anthem – Freelancers

10:00 AM – Star United

10:18 AM – Mighty St. Joes

10:36 AM – Try Valley Brass

10:54 AM – NY Skyliners Alumni

11:12 AM – Freelancers

11:30 AM – Bill Ives Presentation

11:48 AM – Hamburg Kingsmen

12:06 PM – Caballeros Alumni

Anybody thinking we’ll finish early has not experienced the full power of the Cabs Alumni. 😄

Excellent sound from the Freelancers on both O Canada and the Star Spangled Banner.

3 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

Anybody thinking we’ll finish early has not experienced the full power of the Cabs Alumni. 😄

Looks like a change in the schedule. Freelancers are going to perform first instead of Star United.

I wasn’t here on Friday. Did Freelancers win mini-corps? They’ve got their medals on, so I’m assuming yes.

1 minute ago, kevingamin said:

Looks like a change in the schedule. Freelancers are going to perform first instead of Star United.

I wasn’t here on Friday. Did Freelancers win mini-corps? They’ve got their medals on, so I’m assuming yes.

Star won.

“Hit me!” And the Freelancers are off and running with their first chart, Thriller. Whoever does their arranging already knocked it out of the park, and these players are up to the task of playing it.