Queen Elizabeth II Funeral Pomp & Circumstance

On 9/11/2022 at 2:43 AM, Tim K said:

My expertise is based on watching “Downton Abbey” “Victoria,” any other British period piece PBS offers, and  “The Crown,” and considering I’m a proud Irishman, or as Tom Branson of Downton might call me “a thick mick,” consider the source. I believe the title Cambridge is at the discretion of the Monarch and once it is awarded the person holds the title till death. You can also hold more than one title. You go by the highest ranking title then the lesser titles are courtesy titles. I don’t believe the title Cambridge or in the case of Harry Sussex is inherited by the respective children. I’m assuming William can surrender the title. 

I wonder if Daenerys Targaryen is subject to these exact same rules?

If you love pomp and circumstance, NOBODY is even close to the Brits and this kind of pomp and circumstance hasn't been seen here in nearly a century. This is an historic event of a lifetime and one I will be glued to all day long. All gets started properly in about an hour.

• Like 3

Link to order of service on Westminster Abbey website:

https://www.westminster-abbey.org/abbey-news/order-of-service-for-the-state-funeral-published 

Update: pdf download not working for me (503 error)

Here's the order published on cnn with the official program at bottom of page:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/18/uk/order-of-service-queen-funeral-intl-gbr/index.html

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

A friend of mine over there says she's seen a lot of pomp and circumstance in her years but, "even for us, this is next level."   She's duly impressed.

• Like 2

Yet also, "The funeral service is a great leveller. Praying for our sister Elizabeth in the formal prayers of commendation. As it should be."

Part of that ceremony is that whether you the queen or the lowest commoner, in the CoE, your funeral is the same prayers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

A friend of mine over there says she's seen a lot of pomp and circumstance in her years but, "even for us, this is next level."   She's duly impressed.

I just can’t imagine standing in line for 14 hours to pay respect.  Maybe if I were in my 20s.  But then again, I was in a pretty long line for finals… 🤔🏙🤷‍♂️

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Yet also, "The funeral service is a great leveller. Praying for our sister Elizabeth in the formal prayers of commendation. As it should be."

Part of that ceremony is that whether you the queen or the lowest commoner, in the CoE, your funeral is the same prayers.

“It was in the reign of George II. that the above-named personages lived and quarrelled ; good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all equal now” 
 William Makepeace Thackeray

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cainan said:

If you love pomp and circumstance, NOBODY is even close to the Brits and this kind of pomp and circumstance hasn't been seen here in nearly a century. This is an historic event of a lifetime and one I will be glued to all day long. All gets started properly in about an hour.

Interesting that Prince George is included.  

Emphasizes the longevity of the institution.  It is all sorted for at least the rest of our lives. 

• Like 1