Queen Elizabeth II Funeral Pomp & Circumstance

2 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

It makes me nervous anytime they are entering or exiting the US Capitol building.  That's a lot of steps!  

During Pres Reagan's funeral, after the body bearers had loaded the casket onto the hearse, I said to wife 'Those are the 8 most relieved men in the world right now'.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Impressive that the body bearers are able to go up & down steps without the orb-thing falling off.

Makes me wonder if it is somehow attached?

Ah now they’ve taken them off all is revealed! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Interesting that Prince George is included.  

Emphasizes the longevity of the institution.  It is all sorted for at least the rest of our lives. 

Well considering the King is 73, if he drops from something Prince George moves into the on deck circle. 

• Like 1

After watching the funeral, it was by the books and very planned out in advance. But comparing this to Princess Diana back some 25 years ago that was much more emotional. Probably because her funeral was not a STATE funeral. And the tragic news of her unexpected death and her two young sons she left behind. What is interesting about Queen Elizabeth 2 if it wasn't for her uncle to resign as King and her dad to take over as King, she would not have been Queen. Lots of drama in this family. 

Edited by DFA1970
  • Like 1