Underrated shows

What are some really good DCI shows that you don't think get talked about enough in the fandom?

- Pardon my caps lock but THE BEAT MY HEART SKIPPED. This is one of the few DCI shows on Spotify so obviously this is in heavy rotation for me. It's practically a meme now with me saying that House Is Not A Home is my theme song. For all the conversations about BD, this is the one show I almost never hear anyone talk about. 

- Jagged Line. I don't know why but a lot of people seem to dislike this show. Psychopomp is my quintessential "yeah I dance to DCI" song. I honestly think the prop and costume combo is really cool and I like the homage to A Clockwork Orange.

- The Heart. I heard some people trash-talking it on a podcast so out of morbid curiosity I had to go watch it to see how bad it really was. I actually really enjoyed it! Really unique and creative imagery

- Juliet. Other than Spartacus and Harmonic Journey, this is the only 2000s PR show that really stands out to me (i'm so sorry phans😢). Love the combination of loud, ceremonial music and actors (one of my favorite things to see in DCI)

- Wicked Games. Horror + DCI = one happy Orwellian Wiress. It's beautiful how Boston tied in their history to the show theme and wove in a deep message that many need to hear. I'll be the first to admit- as a goth, my eyes got watery seeing the pentagram for the first time. Extremely courageous of the BAC design staff. 

- Session 44. From the Bloo fans I've seen and interacted with, a lot of people seem to give this the honor of being one of their most forgettable shows. I quite like the props and costumes, and the "Bless The Child" solo gets stuck in my head often.

- Re:Rite of Spring. Again, BD is in the general conversation of the fandom so much but I never hear about this. I absolutely give them credit for taking a single piece of classical music and translating it into different styles like rock and jazz, while still sounding like drum corps.

• Thanks 1

All of The Cavaliers' shows from 2001-2009 that are an odd-numbered year are severely underrated (except for '03). Those shows are some of my absolute favorites. 

Also, Vanguard 15 doesn't get nearly enough love. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

What are some really good DCI shows that you don't think get talked about enough in the fandom?

- Pardon my caps lock but THE BEAT MY HEART SKIPPED. This is one of the few DCI shows on Spotify so obviously this is in heavy rotation for me. It's practically a meme now with me saying that House Is Not A Home is my theme song. For all the conversations about BD, this is the one show I almost never hear anyone talk about. 

- Jagged Line. I don't know why but a lot of people seem to dislike this show. Psychopomp is my quintessential "yeah I dance to DCI" song. I honestly think the prop and costume combo is really cool and I like the homage to A Clockwork Orange.

- The Heart. I heard some people trash-talking it on a podcast so out of morbid curiosity I had to go watch it to see how bad it really was. I actually really enjoyed it! Really unique and creative imagery

- Juliet. Other than Spartacus and Harmonic Journey, this is the only 2000s PR show that really stands out to me (i'm so sorry phans😢). Love the combination of loud, ceremonial music and actors (one of my favorite things to see in DCI)

- Wicked Games. Horror + DCI = one happy Orwellian Wiress. It's beautiful how Boston tied in their history to the show theme and wove in a deep message that many need to hear. I'll be the first to admit- as a goth, my eyes got watery seeing the pentagram for the first time. Extremely courageous of the BAC design staff. 

- Session 44. From the Bloo fans I've seen and interacted with, a lot of people seem to give this the honor of being one of their most forgettable shows. I quite like the props and costumes, and the "Bless The Child" solo gets stuck in my head often.

- Re:Rite of Spring. Again, BD is in the general conversation of the fandom so much but I never hear about this. I absolutely give them credit for taking a single piece of classical music and translating it into different styles like rock and jazz, while still sounding like drum corps.

These have never been underrated.  They were discussed quite often on here. 

Perhaps you should look into past threads on DCP. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

If you can find a copy, listen to / watch 1977 Garfield Cadets.  Rocked from start to finish.

Here is end of closer (they had the flags on soprano bugles for the final push; the rifle line was on flag).

AMEN!!!!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

almost all of those were all talked about and never considered underrated.  Underrated are shows outside top 8 

1 hour ago, FaustianMachine said:

All of The Cavaliers' shows from 2001-2009 that are an odd-numbered year are severely underrated (except for '03). Those shows are some of my absolute favorites. 

Also, Vanguard 15 doesn't get nearly enough love. 

That was Spark of Invention right?  Yeah that doesn't get talked about nearly enough.  The opening of that was mesmerizing visually.  Orwellian Heiress, you'ld appreciate the synth that opens it.  

Also the THEREMIN!

• Like 2