Underrated shows

1 hour ago, jjeffeory said:

That show music arrangement was so dry; I couldn't stand those Drew Shanefield arrangements, and Drew has put out good stuff in his drumcorps career.

I kept feeling that something was missing every time I saw the show. That was also, when people started complaining about their brass approach in earnest and helped lead to 2012...  No, I'm not a huge fan of that show at all.

That’s unfortunate others feel that way, in my view. It’s one of my favorite. Almost up there to most of the music from Frameworks, to me. Oh well, I’ll continue to enjoy it as I always have!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jaylogan said:

That’s unfortunate others feel that way, in my view. It’s one of my favorite. Almost up there to most of the music from Frameworks, to me. Oh well, I’ll continue to enjoy it as I always have!

Please DO enjoy it! They performed well, but that was a tumultuous period for the Green Machine.

Cavaliers 2014 Immortal was a great show that I don’t think gets enough praise.  Music selections were spot on perfect for that show.  Some great visuals, awesome gimmicks, a guard that really sold the program.  A “dark” show that they manage to pull off that was still fun without getting too cheesy (just the right amount of cheese).  Not saying it should of placed higher, just don’t think it gets the love it deserves.  

Okay,

Crown 2014 was Out of this World! I simply loved that show. I don't care about the trampolines, but man, when you have brass players switching instruments in the middle of the show and playing them with good tone, that is incredible to pull off.
Love the show theme, loved the drill! That drill is some Hall of Fame worthy drill!

Speaking of brass switching instruments, How about Phantom's 2006 show Faust?  Trumpets to Baritone?

I mean, trumpets to mellophones is one thing, but trumpets to baritone is tough to train for.  That guard was so awesome too. Yes, I know they got second, but gee whiz, that was a cool show!

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

Thanks guys for mentioning Cavaliers and jogging my memory- Propaganda! I love vocal stuff/narration/sound samples in shows and that one totally nailed it. Love shows with deeper themes too.

Also, the cone kick dudes are the quintessential American heroes

Edited by Orwellian Wiress