WGI suspends Diamante - abuse investigation

Diamante refuses to cooperate with the investigation. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02nuSqy6dLKq6wLFgUmd5hrrBiVBsXYHJErVnszE9WqMPPagscMNheJRTySciRU9fZl&id=100064859075670

This is relevant to DCI, as the claims relate to folks that staff and teach in DCI as well. And some of the claimed actions took place on DCI tours too.

Some public posts from survivors are out there in social media land. Very raw and difficult to read material. 

========

FYI - if you have survived sexual violence or have concerns about potential survivors and if/when to report or where to start, RAINN is a highly qualified start point. Both in terms of  handling survivor support and logistics of various regional methods and channels. https://www.rainn.org/

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

well one of the main players was with Mandarins before the pandemic, but left or was removed around the time Ike was let go

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FTNK said:

can someone give a summary or link

the link is above

For some reference, there was a little blip for a couple of pages on the Ike Jackson, Mandarins thread in 2020 that hinted at where we have ended up on this Diamante issue.

If Mandarins and/or DCI discovered something in their investigation(s) of Ike, why on earth was Mario still working with WGI groups and hosts of other high school color guards for the next 2 years?! Why do these organizations NOT share this info?! He was terminated by Ayala around the same time as well, which was also having to investigate Ike.

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

If Mandarins and/or DCI discovered something in their investigation(s) of Ike, why on earth was Mario still working with WGI groups and hosts of other high school color guards for the next 2 years?! Why do these organizations NOT share this info?! He was terminated by Ayala around the same time as well, which was also having to investigate Ike.

Any one in this world is expected to at least, y'know, do a little background checking and employment verification, and if the answer to the question "are they eligible for re-hire?" comes back 'no', you'd expect that they'd figure stuff out. 

Unless they really don't want to know.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

For some reference, there was a little blip for a couple of pages on the Ike Jackson, Mandarins thread in 2020 that hinted at where we have ended up on this Diamante issue.

You do realize Diamante IS Mario, right? Well, not anymore... I think they're done. Not sure why or how other programs still hired him tho.

And it looks like Mandarins fired Ike and Mario before the 2020 season, but could not disclose the reasons. But that doesn't mean info wasn't shared to DCI and WGI. I believe they are required to, but I'm not sure. 

Edited by CAtenhut
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

A corps/band/guard can't just say "hey, don't hire this person" without running into all sorts of problems. But if anyone in that world wants to hire someone, they're expected to at least, y'know, do a little background checking and employment verification, and if the answer to the question "are they eligible for re-hire?" comes back 'no', you'd expect that they'd figure sh-- out. 

Unless they really don't want to know.

And that's it. People inside, they know. It's the kids coming in from the outside that don't know. And the insider's silence is a complete failure and those that participate in the silence are literally endangering lives. You can find multiple posts on platforms like this one:

pw2wUYF.png

They KNOW! The community and activity needs to devalue insiders and develop advocates within their leadership. It is insane to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

You do realize Diamante IS Mario, right? Well, not anymore... I think they're done.

And it looks like Mandarins fired Ike and Mario after the 2019 season, but could not disclose the reasons. But that doesn't mean info wasn't shared to DCI and WGI. I believe they are required to, but I'm not sure. 

I do. WGI didn't give exact dates. They said they received allegations "recently" and investigated for "several months." There are ways to shut this down, even with the existing legal corporate restraints of Human Resources. True advocates of the young people in this activity would make sure these people are not present. 

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Like 1