I'm a little nervous to say this but...

I notice on a lot of my posts, I get a lot of links to videos of older shows usually with something along the lines of "you should listen to this" or "time for a history lesson". I'm not saying you aren't allowed or shouldn't do that, but just hear me out.

Whenever people link me shows like that, I don't really respond back. Why? Because I don't want to offend everyone just by saying something like "meh, it's okay". I'm not saying classic DCI is bad, I'm saying it's not really my thing. I just.. for lack of a better word, really vibe with modern DCI music. There's just something magical about it that I can't explain. And it kind of annoys me when I get a ton of people trying to "fix" my music tastes. Just because you show me some older stuff won't instantly make me change everything about what I love. 

So in conclusion, I like what I like. I might find a few older shows here and there that I do like, but please don't keep trying to make me change what I love about DCI. It just doesn't work that way.

Respectfully and sincerely,

a synth kid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

And it kind of annoys me when I get a ton of people trying to "fix" my music tastes. Just because you show me some older stuff won't instantly make me change everything about what I love.

They are not trying to "fix" your tastes.  They are trying to include you on what they like. 

Many things on forums like this will annoy you.    Unfortunately, it can't always be about everything that we, alone, like. 

Edited by Continental
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

40 minutes ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

I notice on a lot of my posts, I get a lot of links to videos of older shows usually with something along the lines of "you should listen to this" or "time for a history lesson". I'm not saying you aren't allowed or shouldn't do that, but just hear me out.

Whenever people link me shows like that, I don't really respond back. Why? Because I don't want to offend everyone just by saying something like "meh, it's okay". I'm not saying classic DCI is bad, I'm saying it's not really my thing. I just.. for lack of a better word, really vibe with modern DCI music. There's just something magical about it that I can't explain. And it kind of annoys me when I get a ton of people trying to "fix" my music tastes. Just because you show me some older stuff won't instantly make me change everything about what I love. 

So in conclusion, I like what I like. I might find a few older shows here and there that I do like, but please don't keep trying to make me change what I love about DCI. It just doesn't work that way.

a synth kid.

You're sharing what you like, and I think most people are trying to share what they like, or what they think you might like from their ideas.

It's a collaborative process that is important in today's society. Hopefully no-one is telling you that what you like sucks or anything like that, but that's what I'm getting out of what you are saying.

• Thanks 5

40 minutes ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

a synth kid.

I started in the 70s and interested in DC before my time (I’m a history buff in other things too). Find me a 1979 and before vid and I’m hooked. Also more interested in smaller corps to see what they do despite not having everything including the kitchen sink.

Everyone has their own tastes so don’t get the “you’ll enjoy this if you watch” either. 

19 minutes ago, musicteacher said:

Orwellian: I love the contributions you are making to these discussions.

aww thanks! it's always really nice to know people do appreciate the stuff i say about drum corps!💜🖤❤️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

a synth kid.

It’s cool. People are just trying to be helpful and show you where what you like came from 

• Thanks 1

I'm a little nervous to reply but... please choose topic names that say something. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2