I'm a little nervous to say this but...

7 minutes ago, ZTWright said:

I don't like anything prior to 85, so I guess I'm grouped with Wiress too. Oh well, doesn't hurt my feelings any. 

Oh, and any form of potato is okay with me.

That’s too bad. Then stop trying to convince this forum how “open” you are to “new concepts”. History repeats itself over and over and over again. Maybe you need a few years to figure this SIMPLE concept to sink in. Your era of drum corps isn’t really different from drum corps from years past. 

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Right!?  I like no music post 1989.

Gimme “Rhapsody 2005” what a blast!

1995 BD. What a great show!

Edited by Sutasaurus

23 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Pfff, you don't have to validate why you don't like something. If you're curious about why others like it, that's one thing.

But insulting you for your not liking something and not trying to make yourself like it is silly.

Some folks don't understand "no thanks" without responding "WHY NOT?!" Sometimes the easiest response is "just because."

Edit to add: Sutasaurus, I'm just not that into you. Please stop reacting to me and ignore me already.

I’m okay that you’re not “into me”. Won’t lose sleep over that. Do you not like me because I don’t believe you? Why should I ignore you? I’m open to all opinions even though I disagree with some. That’s what adults do. If you don’t like reason, feel free to ignore me. Old age is good for producing thick skin.

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

That’s too bad. Then stop trying to convince this forum how “open” you are to “new concepts”. History repeats itself over and over and over again. Maybe you need a few years to figure this SIMPLE concept to sink in. Your era of drum corps isn’t really different from drum corps from years past. 

Can you just go ahead and put me on your ignore list? You are so nasty to so many members on here. I am a show designer and tech, so I don't need your lesson in "history repeating itself". Please take your hateful comments elsewhere.

Also, my era of drum corps isn't even modern drum corps, thanks. I grew up before props and flutter steps took over. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Right!?  I like no music post 1989.

And that's fine. Your opinion, your taste. I just don't understand the superiority behind the "my era of drum corps" thought process. I've exposed myself to shows from every year from 1972 to today's drum corps. I like what I like, you like what you like. People just need to "SIMPLY" get over themselves. Be an adult, agree to disagree, and move on with your day. 

40 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

I’m okay that you’re not “into me”. Won’t lose sleep over that. Do you not like me because I don’t believe you?

I dunno, homie, such a mystery. Maybe it has something to do with this: https://postimg.cc/560jTXbm

40 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Why should I ignore you? I’m open to all opinions even though I disagree with some. That’s what adults do. If you don’t like reason, feel free to ignore me.

As much as I'd love to, I can't ignore your passive-aggressive reactions (DCP settings won't let me,) for which you provide no followup.

I have already tried to ignore you but you insist on following me around. I'm not open to your opinion, reasoned or not. Please stop interacting with me. There are so many other people you can talk to here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, ZTWright said:

I just don't understand the superiority behind the "my era of drum corps" thought process. 

Totally agree.  All eras are great, just different.  And who wants the same thing year after year?  That would be Drum Bore.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 9/17/2022 at 2:27 PM, Weaklefthand4ever said:

In 1985, VK played Chimes Festival. My High School band played it the next year. So even back in the 80's, good HS band programs were copying DCI LOL. 

Marching bands were emulating drum corps long before the 80's. The first band I taught as a freshman in college in 1971, was directed by one of the Cadets brass instructors. The wind score was written by Larry Kirchner, brass arranger for Blue Rock from Delaware, and the percussion by George Tuthill, who was the Cadets percussion person in 71. We actually used Blue Rock's opener of "American Salute" pretty much note-for-note since BR's arranger did the band chart. 

Even before that, in the 60's there were a few corps people leading bands, like Don Angelica from Bergenfield NJ. They always did corps style shows.

Later in the 70's I was a band director. I arranged the 27'th Lancers "Crown Imperial" as our opener and used the Troopers "Battle Hymn" as our closer, pretty much note for note.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ZTWright said:

I don't like anything prior to 85, so I guess I'm grouped with Wiress too. Oh well, doesn't hurt my feelings any. 

Oh, and any form of potato is okay with me.

Gee that happens to be when I marched. No problems on my end. We like what we like and the idea of that means they aren’t “open” if they don’t like a certain era is foolish. IOW someone isn’t “wrong” because they have a differing OPINION.. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 2