I'm a little nervous to say this but...

1 hour ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Totally agree.  All eras are great, just different.  And who wants the same thing year after year?  That would be Drum Bore.

Exactly! 

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Gee that happens to be when I marched. No problems on my end. We like what we like and the idea of that means they aren’t “open” if they don’t like a certain era is foolish. IOW someone isn’t “wrong” because they have a differing OPINION.. 🤦‍♂️

I just happen to like shows "with meaning" I guess is the easiest way to put it. Storyline, concept, etc. along with asymmetrical drill. I'm not into an entire show with a whole lot of symmetry and music put together simply because "it's what we wanted to play" type of deal. Just a personal preference. I'm not going to say that I don't appreciate at that style, because you have to appreciate where you come from to appreciate and understand where you are now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One side of this argument is consistently hurling insults and contributing very little to dialogue aside from chest thumping about their right to insult OP and others. Then they start gaslighting.

The topic could be interesting if not for that "approach" to discussion.

I still strongly assert that OP can dislike anything they want for any reason AND they can make a post about it telling others how they want to be approached moving forward. It's called a boundary. People who react aggressively to a new boundary are normally called bullies.

Some people see a boundary and give that person space. Still others of us know to say thank you and, with consent, celebrate a new boundary being set.

This applies to most types of bullying no matter the context.

Edited by scheherazadesghost
  • Like 1

This site really needs an eye roll reaction emoji so I don’t have to keep rolling out my JLaw gif

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Seems like reading comprehension is still a struggle nowadays.

Absolutely.  It's a frame of reality the way people look at words and don't read anything around them to get the context given.  Every year it gets worse.  Tribalism has nothing on what the internet has become.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

The gaslighting is strong in this thread.

You are really the last person I’d expect to misuse that word 

8 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

Absolutely.  It's a frame of reality the way people look at words and don't read anything around them to get the context given.  Every year it gets worse.  Tribalism has nothing on what the internet has become.

People read with a bias so that they end up only reading what they want to or expect to read. Nuance is dead 

• Like 2