ANYONE KNOW WHY DENISE BONFIGLIO FIRED TOM AUNGST?

2 hours ago, Cadet Guardy said:

It's GD's typical peremptory behavior and speech at times... He finds a way to sprinkle on a bit of superiority in his comments for some unknown reason and certainly never likes to be called out.

lol and YOU constantly call for the current guard team to be FIRED even though they took a team of drum corps rooks and did pretty darn well - how superior is it to have this "they are not worthy of Cadets" attitude which you continually post over and over.

4 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

This is an excellent point - HR doesn't exist to keep the employees' best interests in mind;  HR exists to keep the corporations' best interests in mind.

Which was THE POINT I WAS MAKING = we will NOT HEAR the details, because given her corporate background SHE KNOWS BETTER than to open the .org to a lawsuit. Duh. Never said it made her Mother Teressa 

• Like 1

I heard on the History Channel it was probably due to aliens.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, lifeisaround said:

1. Not sure why you drink DB kool aid as hard as you do.

1b. Yet, during my time with the cadets organization you seem to talk a lot of smack and do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to support the organization. AND YOU STILL DONT otheer than talk nonsense online. But lets address your wild comments shall we? 

2. Denise sure was a second vice president of QA at Metlife. Not saying thats not impressive or anything other than to me that position is nothing other than ive been here for a long time and I know what im doing in the QA section of the organization. Does that mean she knows how to run a nonprofit? no. Just like degrees mean nothing other than theoretically. 

3. Do I believe DB cares about HR? LMAO NO! There was a visual staff member on the cadets team this year that got removed in years prior due to his background, does DB know that? OH YEAH, she was thee one that recommended him to be let go during finals, does she care now? No. 

4. Do I believe DB went through the proper communications and paper trail of HR to let go a 1099 contractor? ABSOLUTELY NOT. It was a phone call to Thom and thats how it got out. Thom let people know as soon as she did it. 

5. You are correct we, the public, won't and shouldn't know what happened between closed doors, but to say DB is out here acting all right... Geez... thats a strong thoughtful hopeful opinion 

I had a blow by blow "I didn't say that" response, but this pretty much says it all:

All I know is at least DB got the framework together which allowed the members to "do better"

2 hours ago, Bob984 said:

At the beginning of the season, the corps was announced "under the directorship of Ron Lambert"......later in the season, when the corps started to achieve, it suddenly was announced "under the directorship of Ron Lambert and Denise Bonfiglio".  She is the CEO, not the director.   I am just stating facts, and people can interpret them any which way.........but my eyebrows raised when it was brought to my attention.

yes, that was strange, and I agree - I was like "what?"

4 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

George Dixon -  I noticed your use of question mark with the word ‘termination.’ I am not nearly as tuned in to the Cadets as you. So, I’ve been thinking about this possibility and would like your thoughts.

This situation is indeed curious following what many consider to have been a very good performance year. I’m hoping for a more innocuous development as an explanation to what happened.

There is a definite impression the Cadets are under financial strain. POSSIBLY, the staff was told everyone’s current paycheck amount needed to be substantially cut for the coming year for the Cadets to reduce their debts. Some paid personnel might well have decided not to work for less, opting to move along and find work elsewhere.

Plausible?  Such does happen all the time.

Either way, all my best to the Cadets . . . a true DCI icon.

I used a question mark only because we do not know.

Some people need to take a Xany with some wine and calm down. It's drum corps, not a presidential debate. You gain nothing from being nasty towards eachother. Guarantee that some of the ones that this is directed towards will attempt like this post too until they finish this sentence. 

2 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

We need a drinking game on this thread. Every time someone spells Mr. Aungst first name as "Thom" you have to take a drink. It is "Tom" Aungst. Not to be confused with "Thom" Hannum. Although Tom A is a branch of the Thom H percussion tree, he did hot inherit the "h". Now, carry on. 

I mean, he uses "Thomas" most of the time I've seen it written, so I guess I just saw others spell it that way and assumed? He goes by "Tom"? Did not know that. I'm definitely in the guilty group of that drinking game 😞

5 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Wow the jumping to conclusions and assumptions going on in this thread 🤪

Dennise was a VP for Metlife for decades, pretty sure she knows how HR works > knowing that it is nearly impossible to imagine a tiny bit of this termination (?) tale will be told by her or Cadets.org.

Thom was the most senior staff member, does anyone honestly think he was let go because of a member complaint about being woken up too early?

Clearly there is much more to the situation than we know - frankly NOTHING has been announced, but when they announce a new percussion team (or more) then we'll know the what, but still not the why...

And some of those commenting (2 in particular) - geez, it's just beyond... 

Don’t get me started on HR at MetLife.  One day I was a successful blimp pilot and the next day I was out of a job.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3