ANYONE KNOW WHY DENISE BONFIGLIO FIRED TOM AUNGST?

I saw this thread blew up and instantly got scared... and found everyone joking around instead. Very pleasant surprise, glad it's not a true abuse allegation or something like that

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Cadet Guardy said:

Exhibit A: Your peremptory demand of silence of someone by basically stating “I told you I was right, listen to me!”. 

I mean no ill will, and I sincerely mean that, but I’m going to call out your demeaning and egotistical tone to others each time you reply accordingly. No one here appreciates your dismissiveness or the way you speak to others at times - no one here plans to obey you. 

Lets pivot this back to drum corps dialogue now without ego and dictatorial behavior. We don’t all have to agree with one another but our disagreements and/or replies can be communicated respectfully and without fear of attack. 

"no one here appreciates" = talk about superior tone, now you speak for everyone?? Geez.

if your post made even a tad of sense, perhaps I'd be offended - nah, I wouldn't.

No matter how many times you insult me, or yell from the roof top - or whatever, firing Cadets entire 20222 guard team makes no sense >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NONE

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

"no one here appreciates" = talk about superior tone, now you speak for everyone?? Geez.

if your post made even a tad of sense, perhaps I'd be offended - nah, I wouldn't.

No matter how many times you insult me, or yell from the roof top - or whatever, firing Cadets entire 20222 guard team makes no sense >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NONE

Your attempt at deflection is sub-par. You’re still not correlating the behavioral examples of your peremptory patterns - you don’t get it and it’s okay.

I said what I said about the guard and refuse to backpedal - a C tutor simply cannot produce an A student. 

I don’t speak for everyone here but it’s pretty glaring that very few here enjoy your tyrannical tone. I think you are in disbelief that someone has put your behavior on blast.

pe‧remp‧to‧ry /pəˈremptəri/ adjective formal   peremptory behaviour, speech etc is not polite or friendly and shows that the person speaking expects to be obeyed immediately a peremptory demand for silence

Edited by Cadet Guardy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

I heard on the History Channel it was probably due to aliens.  

so the statues finally came to life 6 years later?

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

That personal attack honestly took longer to emerge than I thought it would.

I can sit in my presence here knowing that I've been a form of support and a model for reporting and responding to abuse in this industry. Attack away. I've already lost pretty much everything else in this space.

still got ya.

i admit i snarked in here too. i've been trying to be nicer and just keep pointing out a lady runs a non profit after losing in court for mismanaging a non profit that was supposed to give scholarships

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ironlips said:

All right, Panelists, it's time to cast your votes in the Drum Corps Conspiracy National Debate Finals.

Please select from the following:

1. The accusers have proven their case

2. The defense has prevailed

3. This thread is the biggest waste of electrons in the history of DCP

The tally will be announced as soon as the judges get back from their trip to St. Thomas, where they will be consuming chilled cocktails with little umbrellas in them.

The winning team will be allowed one final post before the thread is closed.

there have been far worse threads in the 20 years of DCP trust me

• Thanks 1

Often times when a new leader is installed they want to bring in their own people, those they are familiar and more comfortable working with.  Happens all the time.  Doesn't necessarily mean it's anything nefarious.

42 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Often times when a new leader is installed they want to bring in their own people, those they are familiar and more comfortable working with.  Happens all the time.  Doesn't necessarily mean it's anything nefarious.

Agreed 💯and it’s simply a smart, very smart, strategic business move:

The action taken by an entity or a company that can't be matched by competitors and is used to differentiate a company from its competitor