SpyFly! Design team meetings leaked!

grimmo

We mounted  miniature microphones on a set of specially trained houseflies and planted them at various corps HQ’s. With design meetings starting up, the contents are explosive!

You read it here first!!!

Blue Devils

<Sounds of chairs sliding across the floor and heels clicking>

DGb: As you were gentlemen.

JM: Your excellency, we weren’t expecting you. To what reason do we have this honor?

DGb: You will know that the clone factory build is behind schedule. I’ve sent Lord Chandler to… remind them of their obligations.  Director Seidling, carry on.

PS: We added the new judges bios to the algorithm. Here is the output.

<Sounds of paper rustling>

PS:  These are the 2023 show compositions. I trust the team, as usual, can craft a backstory?

[Several voices] Yes sir.

PS:  General Murphy, the algorithmic drill needs fine tuning again. Can you add in some of that scatter drill and other bits  to dilute it.

JM: Affirmative.

PS: Remember, we almost revealed ourselves in 2014. As we progress towards total domination we must keep things believable.

DGb: Questions? No. Very well. We shall close this meeting and reconvene at the first assimilation camp in January.

Boston Crusaders

CH: How are we looking for next year, Keith?

KP: Well boss, we’ve formulated a plan and associated budget. Headlines are we’re gonna need a whole lot more brown envelopes to turn silver into gold.

CH:  I can take care of that.

KP: And Ipads, lots of Ipads. We liked Crown’s app this past season so we’re gonna take it and make it our own. We figure that asking people to download an app is way too complicated so we’re going to leave ipads under the concert side seats, switched on and ready to go. In total we think we’re going to need 250,000 ipads.

CH: Ok, leave it with me… it sounds like a great idea. Haha, we’ve come a long way since the 80’s huh?

KP: And we’re started thinking about the show too-

CH: Well I should tell you I already have a plan B for next season. If we get to Indy and things still aren’t going our way, me and some of the Dorchester old boys will start paying people late night visits. Expect the scores to surge from there.

KP: <Gulp>

Bluecoats

JV: …so then the DM yeh , he rides in on this horse and it jumps over the pit and he springs off and lands on the podium and bows

TR: Yeh man cool

DW: And the horn line, they’re dressed like clowns, no, baristas!

DT: Pass me over those chips Jim

JV: Yes! I’m seeing blues, and pinks, and greens. Nice happy baristas.

JM: And gold and some red and maybe some burnt orange. 

TR: <chuckling sound>

DT: Mmm, I could do some pizza

Carolina Crown

RS: We’ve reviewed 2022 and understand now where we didn’t get things quite right. We’re gonna fix this next year and are looking at a show called “Everything and Everywhere”. It will allow us to do whatever we want with music, props, fabric. You name it, we can do it. And no-one can tell us it doesn’t fit the theme. Genius eh?!

MH: I just want to know one thing…. Are we going to have more brass time? We need more notes I tell you! MORE NOTES!   

<Sound of large fist being banged on the table>

MH: I cannot sleep a wink at night without the sweet feel of the Ott under my pillow! We must crush those other lines next year! Crush them I tell you! CRUSH THEM!

<Sound of tables being turned over and chairs hurled>

Santa Clara

MG: …so to the part of the presentation you’ve all been waiting for. We thought Finding Nirvana was a triumph and in true Santa Clara tradition we’re going to double down on a good idea the following year.

Where we had the music of Nirvana we then started looking at more rock music, this time with a 70’s and 80’s vibe. We came up with “A Queen getaway” and “Queen as a whistle”

<Indistinct murmurs of approval>

MG: But then we decided we could do better than that!  And we started to look at music from a great Baroque classical composer.

Show title’s we were toying with were “Fly off the Handel”, “Handel in the Wind”, and “Too Hot to Handel”!

<Some smattering of applause>

MG: But we still weren’t happy, so we worked on it some more and came up with a show that will enable us to build on the existential vibe from 2022. So I present to you our 2023 production;  “Float like a butterfly, Sting like a bee!”. We’re going to blend an eco-nature vibe with the music of Gordon Sumner and The Police. An SCV match made in heaven!

<Whopping, hollering and the sounds of high fives>

Cavaliers

MV: Welcome all this this initial staff  meeting. As we have some fresh faces this year, let’s have the new people introduce themselves.

<Intros still going on when the batteries ran out>

End of transcript.

• Haha 9

Camden County NJ:

Big guy "so this year....we embrace Joisey again. fans loved it."

DH: "so a full Bon Jovi show?"

TK: "a tribute to Wildwood or the Stone Pony?"

Big guy: "no. these two fine Italian gentlemen behind me 'suggested' The Sopranos. They assured for a small fee and a favor we could return if ever asked, they could clear the licensing"

Two gentlemen crack their necks, looking resplendent in their jogging suits and spotless while Air Jordans, while looking at the antipasti and Gobbagool on the table

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Camden County NJ:

Big guy "so this year....we embrace Joisey again. fans loved it."

DH: "so a full Bon Jovi show?"

TK: "a tribute to Wildwood or the Stone Pony?"

Big guy: "no. these two fine Italian gentlemen behind me 'suggested' The Sopranos. They assured for a small fee and a favor we could return if ever asked, they could clear the licensing"

Two gentlemen crack their necks, looking resplendent in their jogging suits and spotless while Air Jordans, while looking at the antipasti and Gobbagool on the table

Maybe the Big Guy can get permission from Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuce to use some of his music in a Sopranos themed show.

Great tie-in to the Sopranos, including Silvio being in the E Street Band.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

Maybe the Big Guy can get permission from Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuce to use some of his music in a Sopranos themed show.

Great tie-in to the Sopranos, including Silvio being in the E Street Band.

there's things you just don't talk about publicly capiche?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hahaha, I love this! 🤣Goofing off with other band and DCI fans is one of my favorite things

Just between you and me, I heard that for maximum GE, the Blue Devils are utilizing actual devils as part of their show. Demons are not counted as "live animals", therefore no penalty. How do I know this? My cat's groomer's third cousin twice removed's grandma's hair dresser's husband's brother works at BD. Very reliable source, trust me on this one

On 9/16/2022 at 11:55 AM, Terri Schehr said:

Anyone watch “Succession”?  I envision a meeting with a Logan Roy-like character saying “Meeting over.  #### off”. 

I think I'm about to start; I've heard it's great & been winning many awards? On one of the news programs on the Queen's passing, some of the talking heads were referencing it the other day.  The Guilded Age is pretty good & I really liked The Undoing mini series...  

• Like 1