Be safe!

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m praying for the people of Charleston and the vicinity tonight.  This storm is vicious.  

And we are praying for you, Jim, and the other members of our drum corps community impacted by Ian. 
To quote a good friend “ DCP Strong”

We’ve got your back.

Any of DCP’s newer posters have anything to add?

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 7

15 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m praying for the people of Charleston and the vicinity tonight.  This storm is vicious.  

Amen to Suta's response for you, family, friends and all the people of Florida and the Carolinas. The post-storm pictures coming in are absolutely heartbreaking. Stay strong, Terri. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Amen to Suta's response for you, family, friends and all the people of Florida and the Carolinas. The post-storm pictures coming in are absolutely heartbreaking. Stay strong, Terri. 

We are getting rain from the storm in coastal Virginia.  

I think for us it will stay mostly as a rain event; it is breezy, but nothing like it was in FL.

Hang in there Terri - 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I live in Myrtle Beach, unless you were near the ocean you probably had minimal if any damage. Those close to the ocean did experience surge flooding. In my part of the state pretty much all communities were impacted from Georgetown to Little River. Nothing like Florida, but for those who were flooded, it is bad. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

We went home yesterday.  Minimal damage to our house.  Fence is toast.  Landscaping is gone.  No water, power, or internet for an indeterminate time.  We’re on our way to Illinois to stay with my sister until services are restored.  If you are so inclined, say a prayer for the people of SW Florida.  Our area is devastated. It will years for it to come back. 

Glad that you are safe and had minimal damage.  

My experience w/ hurricanes/tropical storms is that when you get to specific houses or neighborhoods, damage almost becomes random- one house may be totaled, one block over it minimal damage.

What you are going to need once power is restored are dehumidifiers.  Might want to look in Illinois, because in Florida these will be sold out.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

We went home yesterday.  Minimal damage to our house.  Fence is toast.  Landscaping is gone.  No water, power, or internet for an indeterminate time.  We’re on our way to Illinois to stay with my sister until services are restored.  If you are so inclined, say a prayer for the people of SW Florida.  Our area is devastated. It will years for it to come back. 

Thank goodness the damage to your home was minimal. The footage of Ft. Myers makes you want to weep.
Good idea to wait it out in Illinois. You’ll be out of the mitigation team’s way. BTW, did you pack some extra sweaters for the trip home?

Safe Travels to you two.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

glad all is as good as can be expected. i have other friends in Florida that too lucked out compared to the coast. I had friends trapped at Disney during this, but they can't say enough about all Disney did to make the time tolerable. and Disney paid the cast members for every hour there, working or not.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Though I am so sorry to hear about the property damage, I am so very glad that you cats are ok. We will be headed down towards the Tampa area sometime soon and then on to Ocala to see my mom. Stay safe and strong and bug the &@%^$%! out of your homeowners insurance folks. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1