Be safe!

1 hour ago, Sutasaurus said:

Thank goodness the damage to your home was minimal. The footage of Ft. Myers makes you want to weep.
Good idea to wait it out in Illinois. You’ll be out of the mitigation team’s way. BTW, did you pack some extra sweaters for the trip home?

Safe Travels to you two.

I don’t know how long until services are restored so I brought my old winter clothes and coat that I’d kept just in case. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sutasaurus said:

Thank goodness the damage to your home was minimal. The footage of Ft. Myers makes you want to weep.
Good idea to wait it out in Illinois. You’ll be out of the mitigation team’s way. BTW, did you pack some extra sweaters for the trip home?

Safe Travels to you two.

Britt came into the living room while I was on break from teaching and I was watching the storm surge come live into Ft. Myers. She made it VERY clear that ANY plans that I had to move to Florida were now null and void...end of discussion. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t know how long until services are restored so I brought my old winter clothes and coat that I’d kept just in case. 

Hey, think of me when you get to Portillos!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Britt came into the living room while I was on break from teaching and I was watching the storm surge come live into Ft. Myers. She made it VERY clear that ANY plans that I had to move to Florida were now null and void...end of discussion. 

If you want to live in a cool small town check out Ajo, AZ.   Lots of history, thriving arts community.  About an hour & 15 min from Phoenix & Tucson. But it is in desert and doesn’t look like TN.  But no hurricanes.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

If you want to live in a cool small town check out Ajo, AZ.   Lots of history, thriving arts community.  About an hour & 15 min from Phoenix & Tucson. But it is in desert and doesn’t look like TN.  But no hurricanes.  

We are actually looking at moving out west in a few years. Now that everything is work at home, there is literally no reason for me to be close to a brick and mortar site. Heck ours in Chattanooga finally closed down a few months ago and we all went WAH (Work At Home.) No reason to have a 600 seat site sitting empty for 2 years. 

As long as it has a pool hall, I will be fine LOL. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Lots of interesting things to see and do here in AZ. Just don’t plan any outdoor activities from June through August and you’ll be okay.
Bisbee has kind of a funky, artsy fun vibe too. Worth checking out. Jerome,AZ appeals to your “inner hippee

Edited by Sutasaurus

1 hour ago, TOC said:

About those snakes!

Just another neighbor.

• Like 3