Be safe!

7 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I hope that you cleaned out the frig & freezer before you left.

I can speak from experience that freezer in garage after about 4 days w/o power smelled like there was a serial killer at work.

I did.  The entire refrigerator/freezer was dumped.  Probably easily $600 of food.  

10 hours ago, DWW11 said:

When i lost my home to a tornado in 2020, it was uninhabitable for 364 days.  A couple of Other homes in the area were damaged, not to the same extent as mine, and they were out between 3 and 6 months.  I can only imagine how long it will take to rebuild whole towns down where you are!  At least you are safe and should be home soon.

Years and years.  And the places that were “old Florida” will never look the same again. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

My blood has definitely thinned out.  I went out to do a little shopping this morning and I thought I was going to freeze to death.  45 degrees. I need to get back home. 😂 

Sending you some authentic Arizona heat your way! Perhaps you need to up the hot sauce/ pepper flakes to raise the body temp? I know, I’m a quack doctor.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

We had to throw away a bunch of food during Katrina, and the insurance company wanted an itemized list of foods that were lost.

1. I think that was a steak.

2. Hmm, its green and fuzzy now.

3. I'm not sure but it just moved on its own.

4. Ice cream, cause I can read where the ink from label soaked into the stain on the freezer bottom.

5. That was cheddar but it might pass as Stilton now.

6. Don't ask. No one wants to look at that.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 10/2/2022 at 3:27 PM, IllianaLancerContra said:

To be clear, I was referring to the storm posing both challenges and opportunities for wildlife.  I realize that it was a disaster for many humans in Florida.  

Understood and as was I only in a much less thoughtful way lol. 

• Like 2

On 10/3/2022 at 7:44 PM, Terri Schehr said:

They put curfew at 10pm today.  They’re saying our power should be up by Friday.  We have  water but it’s non-potable.  And bluestream repaired the internet to our house.  Just waiting on the power.  Things should be a lot better by the weekend.  

Our friends have power as of today, but no internet or TV.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MikeD said:

Our friends have power as of today, but no internet or TV.

They should get back online soon.  By Monday, I would think.  I hope they lift the boil order soon.  We’re going back Friday and will be home Saturday.  The National guard has been keeping order at gas stations.  

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 3