Jump to content

Be safe!


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

Just another neighbor.

I studied the snakes of Florida before moving there. Knowledge helps overcome fear. I haven’t seen any venomous vipers on my property.  Rat (corn) snakes and black racers, though. I saw an eastern diamondback rattlesnake on the walking path one day.  Just gave it a lot of room. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I studied the snakes of Florida before moving there. Knowledge helps overcome fear. I haven’t seen any venomous vipers on my property.  Rat (corn) snakes and black racers, though. I saw an eastern diamondback rattlesnake on the walking path one day.  Just gave it a lot of room. 

Come to Tennessee Terri. Danger Noodles and Nope Ropes all day every day. I'm pretty used to them by now and they help keep the rats and mice down.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Come to Tennessee Terri. Danger Noodles and Nope Ropes all day every day. I'm pretty used to them by now and they help keep the rats and mice down.  

Danger Noodles…..Priceless! 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Terri Schehr Awww man! I wish I would have known. You cats could have come through Chatty and come to the Three Sisters Bluegrass Festival! That being said, my brother Dr. James Sternberg is a professor of physics (nuclear theoretical physics) at UT. So if you saw any unnatural glow happening and heard any maniacal laughing, it was probably him...... 

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I studied the snakes of Florida before moving there. Knowledge helps overcome fear. I haven’t seen any venomous vipers on my property.  Rat (corn) snakes and black racers, though. I saw an eastern diamondback rattlesnake on the walking path one day.  Just gave it a lot of room. 

There are parts of Everglades that have invasive snake problem w/ pythons. But what is cool that is on the rise is the Florida Panther.  Seeing one in the wild should be on every Floridians bucket list.  I almost saw one in Avon Park area; wildlife camera saw one 10 min before we got there.  We didn’t see it, but pretty sure it saw us.  

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

There are parts of Everglades that have invasive snake problem w/ pythons. But what is cool that is on the rise is the Florida Panther.  Seeing one in the wild should be on every Floridians bucket list.  I almost saw one in Avon Park area; wildlife camera saw one 10 min before we got there.  We didn’t see it, but pretty sure it saw us.  

 

Britt told me once that on one of her solo hiking expeditions in her 20's, she came up on a mountain lion that followed her from a ridge right above the trail for several miles. She always describes it as a horrifying and beautiful experience. She said it somehow also cured her fears of mountain lions oddly enough. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...