Retirement of Denise Bonfiglio

This makes me think of a mass shooting, where the shooter kills a bunch of people, THEN shoots himself.  Like, dude, couldn’t you have just shot YOURSELF first, and save us from going through so much angst?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tommeee said:

This makes me think of a mass shooting, where the shooter kills a bunch of people, THEN shoots himself.  Like, dude, couldn’t you have just shot YOURSELF first, and save us from going through so much angst?

Would have saved a lot of angst, and a lot of Aungst…

• Like 8

18 hours ago, mingusmonk said:

DCP has an annual thread where people exchange their excitement about staff losing their jobs.

Hoping so and so and thier teams get fired.

Making employment predictions and what-not.

Rooting for terminations.

I'm not sure why we'd expect this situation to be any different.

While I don't wish for people to lose jobs (unless they are a danger to students), it can be fun to speculate what kinds of shows will result from mixing X percussion person, Y brass person, and Z guard person. I liken it to all of the shuffling of players/coaches in pro sports.

coincidently DCI posted they were looking for a CFO/Controller the day before this announcement

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Not being in the loop I have no proof or inside knowledge that Denise did anything wrong or illegal. I wish her well. I am sure some of you have more info that I and that's all good, but for most of us unless someone is showing solid proof of wrong doing I think this mostly boils down to Denise giving 3 years to help the Cadets as they move forward from a very bad situation. I doubt this had anything to do with finances. The Cadet basically had nothing after the GH scandal and organizational shakeups. Sure, it could be that Denise (like many in drum corps, and most creative types) was tough to deal with; and perhaps the BOD disagreed with her staffing choices (or the release of percussion instructors). Who knows? I just have no evidence and frankly I am not looking for it. 

In the end I think this is a person who gave a lot of time to Drum Corps and  DCI. I am confident much of it has been well spent and well served. Could there have been issues in the end? Sure. But unless I see proof that she was stealing from the corps or proof of abuse, I am mostly led to believe that their were disagreements and that kind of stuff happens in every organization. If you have proof of something (you know, 100% factual proof) then send it to DCI. Don't respond to this post with "well, she did this and that and the other thing." Ok. You might be right, but that sort of talk feels like rumors and everyone's version of a story. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2