Retirement of Denise Bonfiglio

JWillis35 said:

" I think this mostly boils down to Denise giving 3 years to help the Cadets as they move forward from a very bad situation."

This is the Denise I have known for over 40 years.

I have no knowledge of the decision-making infrastructure within the Cadets, but typically in organizations such as this the CEO and the staff work for the Board of Directors. They are the ones making staffing decisions. Everybody else carries out their directives. And all of these individuals, at every level, are deserving of respect, regardless of how anyone feels about them personally.

DCP is not the forum for airing personal grievances and vendettas or accusations, or throwing shade based on hearsay. There are other outlets for that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

What shows was she around for/in charge of? I'm not trying to judge preemptively. I'm just curious. I'm just asking for a friend.

1 hour ago, arabica said:

2019/(2020)/2021/2022

Aw man. I actually really liked those years. 

Do Better gets stuck in my head way too much than I care to admit.

Edited by Orwellian Wiress

11 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

Not being in the loop I have no proof or inside knowledge that Denise did anything wrong or illegal. I wish her well. I am sure some of you have more info that I and that's all good, but for most of us unless someone is showing solid proof of wrong doing I think this mostly boils down to Denise giving 3 years to help the Cadets as they move forward from a very bad situation. I doubt this had anything to do with finances. The Cadet basically had nothing after the GH scandal and organizational shakeups. Sure, it could be that Denise (like many in drum corps, and most creative types) was tough to deal with; and perhaps the BOD disagreed with her staffing choices (or the release of percussion instructors). Who knows? I just have no evidence and frankly I am not looking for it. 

In the end I think this is a person who gave a lot of time to Drum Corps and  DCI. I am confident much of it has been well spent and well served. Could there have been issues in the end? Sure. But unless I see proof that she was stealing from the corps or proof of abuse, I am mostly led to believe that their were disagreements and that kind of stuff happens in every organization. If you have proof of something (you know, 100% factual proof) then send it to DCI. Don't respond to this post with "well, she did this and that and the other thing." Ok. You might be right, but that sort of talk feels like rumors and everyone's version of a story. 

we should chat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

we should chat.

Always feel free to DM me. You're one of the people I trust and I am sure you have way more info than I do. I think all I was trying to say is that from an outsider perspective it would look bad if I publicly berated this person and threw out an accusation with no proof. I know of her but I don't know her personally. I know the family has been in the activity for a long time. I'm sure it wasn't all bad but I just don't want to comment on things I have no knowledge of or proof of. 

2 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

Always feel free to DM me. You're one of the people I trust and I am sure you have way more info than I do. I think all I was trying to say is that from an outsider perspective it would look bad if I publicly berated this person and threw out an accusation with no proof. I know of her but I don't know her personally. I know the family has been in the activity for a long time. I'm sure it wasn't all bad but I just don't want to comment on things I have no knowledge of or proof of. 

Some of it is public record; actual court documents. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

Some of it is public record; actual court documents. 

Goggling "27th lancers lawsuit " is a pretty good place to start.

• Like 6