New Locations for World Championships after 2028?

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

What happens if LOS owners decide they want more $$ for use of stadium, or, perhaps worse, decide they don’t want DCI & BOA to use the stadium at all once current contract runs out?  

Contract goes out to bid to a few different locations. Though it’s a municipal building. Owned by the state. Not a single person.

Edited by C.Holland

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story?id=34892255&_slug_=rams-wr-cooper-kupp-all-nfl-games-played-grass

While I'm sure the NFL owner really don't care about the player injuries enough to change the fan and game experience to stadia that support natural grass, were this rumbling to come to pass, it'd change a ton of things for DCI as well.   

Outdoor shows with minimal tarps and no heavy props would be back.

34 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Outdoor shows with minimal tarps and no heavy props would be back.

Actually ,going to natural grass turf may have more impacts then this.

I design both synthetic and natural grass fields.

One of the benefits of synthetic turf is that it can be used right after it rains.

Try to do  that with grass , and you have damage, it can be a real mess.

Natural grass also requires constant care.

What I worry about, if places go to natural grass, they may not want to risk "damage" or 

more "wear and tear" then it would already get.

So they could just say no Drum Corps.

1 hour ago, rpbobcat said:

Actually ,going to natural grass turf may have more impacts then this.

I design both synthetic and natural grass fields.

One of the benefits of synthetic turf is that it can be used right after it rains.

Try to do  that with grass , and you have damage, it can be a real mess.

Natural grass also requires constant care.

What I worry about, if places go to natural grass, they may not want to risk "damage" or 

more "wear and tear" then it would already get.

So they could just say no Drum Corps.

Look at Soldier Field.  It’s an absolute mess in wet weather.  The Bears will probably move to Arlington Heights to have an indoor facility with artificial turf because the Chicago park district won’t budge on the real grass. 

9 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Look at Soldier Field.  It’s an absolute mess in wet weather.  The Bears will probably move to Arlington Heights to have an indoor facility with artificial turf because the Chicago park district won’t budge on the real grass. 

That stadium is freezing in October/November..Green Bay is worse.  The fact Illinois is keeping the Bears, and thank goodness out of Chicago, is great.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

That stadium is freezing in October/November..Green Bay is worse.  The fact Illinois is keeping the Bears, and thank goodness out of Chicago, is great.

I wasn’t lobbying for Chicago. I’d rather go to Arlington Heights to an indoor stadium than Soldier Field any day. Opens up the opportunity for a Super Bowl, the NCAA Final Four, etc…

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

As an alumni of a Chicago Corps, it was cool to get to perform on Soldier Field.  But this was not a multi-day, props & electronics-heavy competition.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

As an alumni of a Chicago Corps, it was cool to get to perform on Soldier Field.  But this was not a multi-day, props & electronics-heavy competition.  

I did once but I can’t remember when.  Or if it was with drum corps or marching band.  

• Like 1