New Locations for World Championships after 2028?

1 hour ago, rpbobcat said:

The stadium will be natural grass.

But it won't be a dome.

According to their October 27,2022 Press Release, the stadium will have a "canopy" that will

cover +/- 65% of the seats.

The field will be open to the weather.

I don't think a "weather dependent"  Finals will be held there.

Probably similar to Hard Rock that serves the Dolphins. 

16 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

It has been 15 years since a DCI show was less than a 6 hr drive (each way) from where I live. There was one scheduled for Richmond VA (1 hr) summer 2020, but that didn’t happen. 
Every year I check the schedule & no luck. I am beginning to feel like Linus waiting for the Great Pumpkin. 

Annapolis?  I mean Richmond to Annapolis is typically 2 1/2 hours (ok 3 if traffic is more and ... perhaps more if you pick the really bad times to drive...grin)

Even living south west of Richmond, VA seems you'd be able to make Annapolis within that window. 

That said, its a lot of driving for one night if you're not staying over somewhere.

On 10/26/2022 at 7:13 AM, DWW11 said:

And what would that do to touring schedules?  The corps drive up from Winston-Salem to Allentown, and then right back to Nashville?  Folks in Pittsburgh and Ohio lose their shows?

Yeah, as someone from the West Coast this is by far my top concern.

5 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Annapolis?  I mean Richmond to Annapolis is typically 2 1/2 hours (ok 3 if traffic is more and ... perhaps more if you pick the really bad times to drive...grin)

Even living south west of Richmond, VA seems you'd be able to make Annapolis within that window. 

That said, its a lot of driving for one night if you're not staying over somewhere.

I’m in Yorktown.  With zero traffic it is 5+ hrs each way.  And DC never has zero traffic.   Shortest route would be by jet ski, but that has its own issues.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Keith Hall said:

The new Buffalo Stadium will be ready by 2026 and have natural grass!

rule it out with natural turf. see Chester

• Like 1

Okay, I'll play....

Jerry World in Dallas... or NRG in Houston!

Dome, lots of parking, hotels everywhere, plenty of schools to host corps in a 60 mile radius, huge airport that is a hub, kids in band camp, and school does not start until about a week after.

Edited by njthundrrd
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, njthundrrd said:

Okay, I'll play....

Dome, lots of parking, hotels everywhere, plenty of schools to host corps in a 60 mile radius, huge airport that is a hub, kids in band camp, and school does not start until about a week after.

I can dig that. 

3 hours ago, njthundrrd said:

Okay, I'll play....

Coming from the West Coast, I can get with Dallas/Houston. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, njthundrrd said:

Okay, I'll play....

Jerry World in Dallas... >respectfully snipped<

He'd get to see a champion on his field...I'll see myself out :peek:

• Haha 5

21 hours ago, njthundrrd said:

Okay, I'll play....

This Texas transplant would love to see finals come to Dallas! Houston is also a very reasonable drive! 

Edited by crownisking