New Locations for World Championships after 2028?

US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis

• Much better acoustics for marching bands and drum corps than LOS
  • Stadium and facilities staff is easy to work with - they host the Youth in Music Marching Band Championships every year and there is usually a home Vikings game the next day. That facilities team is easy to work with and they know how to turn around a facility overnight.
  • Schools in MN don't start until AFTER Labor Day, so finding housing and rehearsal facilities at local schools should be easier.
  • Northern location = not nearly as hot and humid in August
  • LOTS to do in and around the Twin Cities. And Duluth and the North Shore are an easy day trip.

23 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Annapolis?  I mean Richmond to Annapolis is typically 2 1/2 hours (ok 3 if traffic is more and ... perhaps more if you pick the really bad times to drive...grin)

Even living south west of Richmond, VA seems you'd be able to make Annapolis within that window. 

That said, its a lot of driving for one night if you're not staying over somewhere.

I've taken 3 hours to drive from DC to Dale City in daily traffic, so you're doing great!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, gak27 said:

He'd get to see a champion on his field...I'll see myself out :peek:

As a diehard 49ers fan, it's my God given right to hate everything about the cowboys, and believe me I do. 

With that being said, because of your awesome and hilarious comment, you are welcome in my home anytime. Lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, njthundrrd said:

Okay, I'll play....

Jerry World in Dallas... or NRG in Houston!

Dome, lots of parking, hotels everywhere, plenty of schools to host corps in a 60 mile radius, huge airport that is a hub, kids in band camp, and school does not start until about a week after.

and Jerry fees 

10 hours ago, crownisking said:

This Texas transplant would love to see finals come to Dallas! Houston is also a very reasonable drive! I wouldn’t get my hopes up for Jerry World though. That’s stadium has hosted everything BUT marching band/drum corps shows and I don’t think that’s a coincidence. 

didn't USBands run a show there pre-pandemic?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

didn't USBands run a show there pre-pandemic?

Just looked it up, turns out they did. I stand corrected. That’s weird that US Bands would have a show there but not BOA or DCI.