New Locations for World Championships after 2028?

I can't imagine finals taking place anywhere other than Lucas Oil. It's just  so iconic.

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

This exactly

The school districts are being less and less hospitable.  They’ve been in class for two weeks before dci even arrives. There’s not a practice field or gym to be found unless you’ve got serious $$$$$$$.

the stadium though is what is the deal.  (Unless you can guarantee the voting members of dci free gyms and fields) 

let’s be honest though, Nashville is a 5 hour difference from Indy.  Grand scheme of things that’s not a huge difference in the tour. The only thing that’ll make dci leave is $$$$$$ savings and being local to the HQ offices. 

41 minutes ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

I can't imagine finals taking place anywhere other than Lucas Oil. It's just  so iconic.

Meh. There’s better sounding stadiums and venues.  Iconic? Not really.  Only if you haven’t experienced anywhere else. Camp Randal, J. Birney Crumb, Los Angeles coliseum are iconic venues.  

heck the Rose Bowl, husky stadium,  Beaver Stadium, LSU, and Lumen field are all better stadiums and fan experiences. 

Indy is cheap ol white bread.  Just has a lid, a lot of parking,  and HQ down the street. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, C.Holland said:

The school districts are being less and less hospitable.  They’ve been in class for two weeks before dci even arrives. There’s not a practice field or gym to be found unless you’ve got serious $$$$$$$.

the stadium though is what is the deal.  (Unless you can guarantee the voting members of dci free gyms and fields) 

let’s be honest though, Nashville is a 5 hour difference from Indy.  Grand scheme of things that’s not a huge difference in the tour. The only thing that’ll make dci leave is $$$$$$ savings and being local to the HQ offices. 

$$$ is everything. like DCA going back to Rochester...the best you can get for the least

• Like 1

And what would that do to touring schedules?  The corps drive up from Winston-Salem to Allentown, and then right back to Nashville?  Folks in Pittsburgh and Ohio lose their shows?

These threads are rituals. 

Every time a new "state of the art" nfl stadium is launched, a new thread is started, speculating on the potential change of DCI offices and Finals week.

I remember the SoFi thread.

And I knew a lot of folks both on and off DCP were especially convinced by the chatter around US Bank Field in Minnesota. 

Given the relative financial health of a post-2020 DCI, I would only expect a change if they are in need of a huge (desperate) cost-save. And that type of move wouldn't likely be for a bigger facility with more bells and whistles. 

As far as the other ideas in favor of relocating...

Texas has a fantastic marching band scene. And you'd be closer to TX. Yet, still not there. If there was another state that came to mind in regards to marching band, where would that be? Yeah. And DCI is at the epicenter of it. Along with BOA. And a stone's throw from WGI.