New Locations for World Championships after 2028?

8 hours ago, Dmlkmen said:

LA will host the Olympics in 2028. As to what new venues and infrastructure go into the city while hosting, could be interesting. Perhaps a renovation to both the Rose Bowl and LA Coliseum will happen. Specifically the LA Coliseum in order host the ceremonies as well as track and field events. We will see. 

Regarding the quote that nearly half of the Top 12 is currently from the west…Let’s not forget what 2007 did in terms of creating new corps, and even reuniting old ones .

From having finals at the Rose Bowl in 2007, it coincided with new corps emerging. VK, City Sound, Incognito, and what was then Hawthorne Gold, came into being. They joined Impulse, and the Nor Cal cadet corps of BD and SCV. Later iterations of those corps with staff from creative teams are present in a thriving Western Open Class today. One that holds its own western corps/ Pacific open class championship. 

And what did it do for the Alumni and all age corps? The Blue Devils had an alumni corps perform at the Stanford show that year. And of course, The Kingsmen Alumni Corps took the field at DCI semifinals. Of greater outcome to that corps, many caught the drum corps bug once again and continued past the Semifinals performance. The Kingsmen went on in 2009 to field an all age corps. It was, sadly, the corps only year.   But members  from that corps went on to  SoCal Dream, Renegades, and the Freelancers Alumni.  

All of this was something glorious we got from just one year with finals in California. Of course we would love to see it back. Could we match the corps created and the alumni who picked up their horns again and formed their own groups post the experience?

Perhaps. 

I personally would love to see a VK Alumni corps once again take the field, at home, as the Kingsmen did. I’d like to see Gold, Watchmen, Vessel, and other California, Oregon, Utah, and Washington  Open Class corps be able to say, march finals “at home” this year ; Join Us!  And we say DCA needs to thrive again..what if all age made a comeback in Cali because of an expanded DCI schedule giving so much exposure to a new group? 
We haven’t even touched the tip of Soundsport and Drumline Battle events. Imagine the interest you could get regionally in California, which could never be present in Indy? 

In 1984 the Olympics were in Los Angeles as well.  SCV was scheduled to perform at the soccer gold-medal game.  IIRVC the plan was to fly them to LA from wherever they were on tour, have them perform, & fly them back to tour.  But, it never came to pass as when the Soviet Union decided not to attend (Cold War politics), the budget was cut so no SCV.  

13 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I am a diehard Niners fan and have been to tons of games at Levi's stadium. I can confirm you are 100% correct. Levi's isn't DCI friendly. 

My Niners second home stadium, SoFi in LA could work. 

Finals in Vegas would be legit. 

Agree.  We are seeing another example of west-coast bias in DCI.  

If we wanna change finals location Im throwing in my bid for Kyle Field. Great open stadium with a large capacity and surrounded by a massive band crowd. Hell ask the Aggie band to do an exhibition and then the crowd gets to see some old school military drill and marching as well as bugles. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, fighterkit said:

If we wanna change finals location Im throwing in my bid for Kyle Field. Great open stadium with a large capacity and surrounded by a massive band crowd. Hell ask the Aggie band to do an exhibition and then the crowd gets to see some old school military drill and marching as well as bugles. 

Even if DCI decided to move Finals, I don't think they'll go to any open air stadium.

To many "what ifs" with weather.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fighterkit said:

I think A&M will be changing a considerable sum for use of Kyle Field; they have a $90M bill for the buyout for Jimbo Fisher to keep in mind.  

Geaux Tigers.  

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
More better English
  • Haha 2

I see Indy hosting DCI finals until the end of mankind. It's not coming to CA. In fact for the foreseeable future I don't see any corp coming west past Denver touring. And Denver is further from a coastline than Indy. So I know some here think Denver is just a stroll to the pacific ocean. It's NOT!!!

2 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

I see Indy hosting DCI finals until the end of mankind. It's not coming to CA. In fact for the foreseeable future I don't see any corp coming west past Denver touring. And Denver is further from a coastline than Indy. So I know some here think Denver is just a stroll to the pacific ocean. It's NOT!!!

And UCLA and USC have confused Venice Beach with the pastoral midwest.  

21 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I think A&M will be changing a considerable sum for use of Kyle Field; the have a $90M bill for the buyout for Jimbo Fisher to keep in mind.  

Geaux Tigers.  

Im sure theres a nice intersect between A&M Alum and drum corps alum that could help finance this venue for a show or two. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

Even if DCI decided to move Finals, I don't think they'll go to any open air stadium.

To many "what ifs" with weather.

I dont really recall it raining anytime in August, but tbf I have been on the road the past five years away from Texas during that time so I could be mistaken.
Only issue would be the heat, but IMO thats probably enough to not want to do finals in Texas. Even though this is just a pipe dream of mine.