2022 BluRay/DVD/Audio Cd

39 minutes ago, ShortyRock said:

Assuming DCI is still doing them, does anyone know when the Finals/Semifinals recordings would be available to purchase?  I can't remember the normal timeline. 

Looks like DCI stopped selling audio/blu-ray recordings after the 2019 season. I’m not holding my breath on a “2022 Collection”. Perhaps individual corps will produce their own? I, personally, would rather give my money to the individual corps if they produce recordings.

I think purchase by the corps recordings audio & video become available on marchingmusicdownloads.com by Thanksgiving time.

• Thanks 1

According to a previous thread over the summer, DCI is not producing any video from this past season due to financial reasons and sync licensing costs. (no bluray, no downloads). There was talk of AUDIO downloads only since the licensing for that is cheaper than video.  

I believe DCI released the 2021 audio downloads in January for that season...I would assume the same for this season, if they release them at all.

Miss that yearly tradition of receiving the DCI Championship CDs and VHS/DVDs right before Thanksgiving.  Took advantage of the time off to enjoy every minute of that year's last season!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, ShortyRock said:

Confirmed no video or CDs from 2022 season.  Audio download only....

DCI Audio/Visual Announcement

Super disappointing as an age out. 

It was always exciting getting the blu-ray and getting to see high quality of performances I never got the chance to see while marching that summer and now that they have discontinued this it makes it even harder for me to watch these videos. 

The fact of the matter is that Flo's broadcasts are nowhere close to the level of professionalism that the blu-ray's have been and cancelled the video is doing a disservice to the activity. I got into drum corps through the theatre show as well as my BD in high school putting on the 2010 Blu-Ray he had for slow days. 

I can only hope that more corps offer HQ productions of their performances or shows like a few have, but I fear that this may not be the case and I will never get to see High Quality productions of shows from 2022. 

• Like 1

This just makes me so sad, even purely from a preservation standpoint. Drum corps performances exist for a summer only. When that season is done, all the shows go away too, never to be experienced live again. The DVDs/Blu-rays are the only (official) visual record, for an art form designed to be viewed by spectators. Think of all the great visual moments captured over the years: the death of Spartacus, the Z pull, Star's crosses, the diamond cutter, all of Babylon. Now those moments will be lost to time, wholly dependent on whatever bootleg economy can spring up and evade copyright claims.

Enjoy every moment of every show you get to see live. There's no guarantee you'll ever get to see that performance again.

40 minutes ago, Matt_S said:

This just makes me so sad, even purely from a preservation standpoint. Drum corps performances exist for a summer only. When that season is done, all the shows go away too, never to be experienced live again. The DVDs/Blu-rays are the only (official) visual record, for an art form designed to be viewed by spectators. Think of all the great visual moments captured over the years: the death of Spartacus, the Z pull, Star's crosses, the diamond cutter, all of Babylon. Now those moments will be lost to time, wholly dependent on whatever bootleg economy can spring up and evade copyright claims.

Enjoy every moment of every show you get to see live. There's no guarantee you'll ever get to see that performance again.

True.  Unfortunately, licensing law raises an exponentially higher hurdle for a set of corps videos, as opposed to separate videos for/from each corps.