The Academy bringing back cymbals for 2023

The Academy just posted that they're bringing back their cymbal line for 2023. Exciting news for cymbal fans

• Like 1

YES!! I love cymbal lines, such an under appreciated art. watching cymbal marchers practice is a spectacular sight, really shows how difficult and physically exerting it is. lets hope some more Corps' follow in Academy's footsteps!  

Congrats to the cymbal world in general. More lines to march is overall positive to keep the form alive and thriving.

They are incredibly under appreciated. These folks can do incredible damage to their shoulders from repetitive action. I make sure to vibe out each line I get the honor of hearing. I see you, female-bodied plates, you chingonas.

Based on personal experience, shiny cymbals can distract from a lot of things.

• Thanks 1

On 11/15/2022 at 4:36 PM, scheherazadesghost said:

Congrats to the cymbal world in general. More lines to march is overall positive to keep the form alive and thriving.

They are incredibly under appreciated. These folks can do incredible damage to their shoulders from repetitive action. I make sure to vibe out each line I get the honor of hearing. I see you, female-bodied plates, you chingonas.

Based on personal experience, shiny cymbals can distract from a lot of things.

Special shoutout to Vanguard cymbal players. How the heck do they dance with em like they aren't holding anything at all?

51 minutes ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

Special shoutout to Vanguard cymbal players. How the heck do they dance with em like they aren't holding anything at all?

I think they draw their energy from a SUPER secret source far too strong for the average puny human. 🤔 My proximity to the 03 04 05 lines gave me a first row seat... they and their alum taught me what Vanguard is.

Many of their visuals date back decades and the way they place them in shows can be very meaningful. They are the drumline's colorguard, as one of my friend-alum put it.

I also hope they're first in line for medical support/physical therapy while marching and after they age out. That repetitive action is wicked on the rotator cuff, and a huge part of why non-musical visuals are so important to reduce strain. More rest is even better and the one thing my friend-alum wanted me to pass along as a request to the SCV BOD.

17 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

“Look.  Shiny cymbals!”. 

That's it! I have an idea for the plates line. A show based around the invasion of Syracuse and the plate line can make a death ray and repel invading ships Archimedes style...

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Thanks 2