4 DAYS TILL DCI SCHEDULE RELEASE?

No way! Just the thing to get me through offseason

I predict the tour will be same old rut.

Western Corps leave CA by early July (when was last time local California fans got to see their top Corps, which are usually the front-runners, in championship form?).  Everyone will work themselves toward San Antonio, then Atlanta, and Allentown and ultimately Indy.  

Corps could probably save costs of bus & truck drivers because the vehicles already know where to go.  

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
Punct.u.ation

Two possible disappointments with the 2023 tour:  

1) The SE Championships in ATL will be held again in the old baseball/soccer stadium at GSU? (Mercedes Benz cost?)

2) The SW Championships in SAT will be held in an alternate location due to remodeling at the Alamodome? 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

20 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Western Corps leave CA by early July (when was last time local California fans got to see their top Corps, which are usually the front-runners, in championship form?).  Everyone will work themselves toward San Antonio, then Atlanta, and Allentown and ultimately Indy.  

Corps could probably save costs of bus & truck drivers because the vehicles already know where to go.  

That's my guess as well. DCI has been taking an "If it ain't broke don't fix it" approach for the last several years.

On 11/20/2022 at 1:32 PM, IllianaLancerContra said:

Every other year or so, an eastern or a midwestern based Corps joins up early in the season either out in Calif, or else shortly thereafter  in Colo. or Wyoming or some such to compete with the Cali corps early season. We will learn more in 48 hours. Also keep in mind also  that SCV Cadets nor Blue Devils B  are just 2 Corps that come to mind that will be not be " everyone " from Cali heading east and to " eventually Indy ".  Not all the corps in the Premier show in Detroit end of June are always the same lineup . Not every season is the Premier DCI showcase opener (typically in the theatres ) in Detroit either. Finally, Individual shows across the country  dont always have the same lineups each season. Some years are better,  while other years however a step down in overall quality of lineups.  So... we'll see what shakes out this season on Wed. for tour schedules.

Edited by Boss Anova

Been hearing a lot of corps struggling with costs and the membership costs are going up pretty fast (Avg. fees are now $4200 to $5500 depending on corp. which doesn't even include the travel to the clinics for the Spring).  So I would just assume based on the DCI Ohio announcement that they are going to scale back the # of shows and corps may attend less shows than they did this year. This would probably further exasperate he issues that Illianalancercontra mentioned earlier about corps sticking to their regions for a month and then most corps coming together near the SA show.

I do have some concerns about the rising costs and wonder how that can be helped as it really is making it harder for new students who may not have the means to join.  I know people will say they offer help but normally that is to returning members and not new ones.   

Obviously just one perspective though.

Edited by spacewill
spelling
  • Like 1