4 DAYS TILL DCI SCHEDULE RELEASE?

6 hours ago, ShortyRock said:

Drums on the Ohio (Evansville show) posted on FB today that they are not on the schedule for the 2023 season.

Interesting reading the post and the show's response in the comments.  Sounds like it wasn't the show's choice to be left off the schedule for the upcoming season, and that people should contact DCI to express their disappointment. 

Someone had shared a theory a while back that DCI was going to shed off the last of the shows that were promoted by 3rd party groups that weren't directly corps or DCI affiliated.  This would appear to be a case of that happening.

55 minutes ago, rjohn76 said:

Interesting reading the post and the show's response in the comments.  Sounds like it wasn't the show's choice to be left off the schedule for the upcoming season, and that people should contact DCI to express their disappointment. 

Someone had shared a theory a while back that DCI was going to shed off the last of the shows that were promoted by 3rd party groups that weren't directly corps or DCI affiliated.  This would appear to be a case of that happening.

they really haven't made a secret of it

10 hours ago, rjohn76 said:

May be an image of text

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

May be an image of text

I think 2023 would have been the 40th anniversary of the 1st Evansville DCI-era show. 

Scratch that! I found evidence of shows in 1978 and 1979! So 2023 would have been the 45th anniversary!

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Like 1

The ft Wayne show was sporadic through the 80s but well attended as northeast Indiana was home to a lot of competitive corps style bands. 

They revived a show in 13 or 14 and it was pushed to an OC only show in 16 I think. Then pushed off the schedule. 

7 hours ago, mingusmonk said:

I think 2023 would have been the 40th anniversary of the 1st Evansville DCI-era show. 

Scratch that! I found evidence of shows in 1978 and 1979! So 2023 would have been the 45th anniversary!

We won our first DCI show there in 1978. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

The ft Wayne show was sporadic through the 80s but well attended as northeast Indiana was home to a lot of competitive corps style bands. 

They revived a show in 13 or 14 and it was pushed to an OC only show in 16 I think. Then pushed off the schedule. 

We went to that show in 1976.  I remember it clearly because the buses went past the exit and ended up in Ohio. 

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

We went to that show in 1976.  I remember it clearly because the buses went past the exit and ended up in Ohio. 

Once busses made wrong turn & we ended up on a narrow gravel road with corn fields on either side.  Busses had to back up for like 1/4 mile to get out. Fun times 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Bwhahaa. Easy to do back then.   Now I'm wondering if I saw you march. I don't remember going to a show when I was that young though.  If you were in the Three Rivers Parade in July in Ft. Wayne I would have then!

Edited by KVG_DC