4 DAYS TILL DCI SCHEDULE RELEASE?

It's definitely off. It didn't show Troopers at their own home show in WY when I looked.

On first glance, schedule definitely looks smaller overall and like a block of swiss cheese- lots of holes/TBDs. Not a single Pacific NW show, for instance. On the plus side, looks like there might be a return to NY with an event in/near Syracuse.

Assuming lineups aren't necessarily complete yet, I would have hoped pairing down the tour schedule would increase lineups at events. A bigger issue I saw last year was just so many events with small lineups. Small lineups aren't going to attract the crowds. 

Poking around at some individual corps schedules, happy to see a bit more logistical approach geographically. Not a lot of backtracking for shows like we saw last year. 

Many many corps not entering the tour until July 1. Do they delay spring training? Or extend spring training?

Very happy to see a robust lineup for Prelims this year. Being the drum corps nut I am, I love the long day of prelims. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Midwest Premiere in the Western area of Michigan? Looks like the Alamodome will work during their upgrades?  (May just be remodeling suites?)  But no Mercedes Benz for ATL.   

I'd wager unless there is some miraculous infusion of cash somewhere, Mercedes Benz is out of the questions for good. 

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Assuming lineups aren't necessarily complete yet, I would have hoped pairing down the tour schedule would increase lineups at events. A bigger issue I saw last year was just so many events with small lineups. Small lineups aren't going to attract the crowds. 

Poking around at some individual corps schedules, happy to see a bit more logistical approach geographically. Not a lot of backtracking for shows like we saw last year. 

Many many corps not entering the tour until July 1. Do they delay spring training? Or extend spring training?

Very happy to see a robust lineup for Prelims this year. Being the drum corps nut I am, I love the long day of prelims. 

Can’t speak for anyone else but for Boston it’s gonna be spring training at the same time and same length and then slowly make their way to MA with some rehearsal days on the way so it’s not one long day of traveling but rather a few. 
That or just same length spring training and travel to MA and rehearse there for a week

Edited by fighterkit
  • Like 1