4 DAYS TILL DCI SCHEDULE RELEASE?

BAC heading West for WI, WY and CO. Mandarins going to a BAC home show for what I think is the first time. 

Interesting...Atlanta regional outside again at PARC....not at Mercedes-Benz...

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Interesting...Atlanta regional outside again at PARC....not at Mercedes-Benz...

For now. It's become custom for DCI to just use the previous season's templates for the initial schedule rollout and update venues as the season gets closer.

1 hour ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Assuming lineups aren't necessarily complete yet, I would have hoped pairing down the tour schedule would increase lineups at events. A bigger issue I saw last year was just so many events with small lineups. Small lineups aren't going to attract the crowds. 

Poking around at some individual corps schedules, happy to see a bit more logistical approach geographically. Not a lot of backtracking for shows like we saw last year. 

Many many corps not entering the tour until July 1. Do they delay spring training? Or extend spring training?

Very happy to see a robust lineup for Prelims this year. Being the drum corps nut I am, I love the long day of prelims. 

i expect the usual 4-6 weeks of spring training will commence as usual, adding thousands of non revenue generating income to the budgets

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

Apparently not.

does it generate enough $$ to make it worthwhile? i mean it ran on Flo last year too

4 minutes ago, Galen said:

For now. It's become custom for DCI to just use the previous season's templates for the initial schedule rollout and update venues as the season gets closer.

i have a hunch the new dome costs too much. 

outside of an Open Class show that has no info on where it's actually being held. only Allentown within 2 hours away from home with a weeknight involved.

hopefully the OC show happens that'd be fun to see.

Also pleased to see Bucs and Cabs from DCI performing at Allentown

6 minutes ago, Galen said:

It says the tickets go on sale December 5th though...