not a drum corps

On 11/25/2022 at 1:44 PM, lowend said:

I hope those Tarpon Springs kids didn't have to carry that stuff down the whole parade route.

That was just for the performance area in front of Macys for the tv cameras.  Bands have to stop the traditional parade route to stage in that area following the directors' cue.  TV rehearsal starts around 2am in the morning.  It makes for a really long day for the performing bands.       

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

On 11/22/2022 at 6:26 PM, TOC said:

Many BAC mm have come from TS over the years.

So did the "Colors!" narration show in 2004. LOL!

On 11/25/2022 at 11:42 AM, keystone3ply said:

Here's a great video montage of the marching band performances from Macy's 2022.  

(Now I'm looking for a montage of the "lip syncing" vocal artist.) :spitting:

When I saw Univ of Missouri, I thought for a sec that they were using white Ludwig Strider drumheads with a silver dot. I almost had a stroke. 

Great bands all the way around. I still don't like marching woodwinds much, but the level of talent just gets higher and higher for these young players. 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2022 at 11:30 AM, Weaklefthand4ever said:

When I saw Univ of Missouri, I thought for a sec that they were using white Ludwig Strider drumheads with a silver dot. I almost had a stroke. 

Great bands all the way around. I still don't like marching woodwinds much, but the level of talent just gets higher and higher for these young players. 

When I saw Mizzou, my first thought was who taught them how to wear their shakos.  Maybe some of them are too big for their head?  😁   

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

When I saw Mizzou, my first thought was who taught them how to wear their shakos.  Maybe some of them are too big for their head?  😁   

As a shako wearing band member of yore, that hit me too.  I was like "um who is this?  why do they look so sloppy?"   Yeah, some of them looked like the proverbial HS 9th grader who got an alternate slot at the last minute and was pushed into a uniform that they didn't have time to tailor to fit.  

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

As a shako wearing band member of yore, that hit me too.  I was like "um who is this?  why do they look so sloppy?"   Yeah, some of them looked like the proverbial HS 9th grader who got an alternate slot at the last minute and was pushed into a uniform that they didn't have time to tailor to fit.  

As a semi-retired band director, I've fought this battle for many, many years... 😂

20 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

As a semi-retired band director, I've fought this battle for many, many years... 😂

The struggle is real! 

[true confessions of a 9th grade alternate that was an absolute beanpole]

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

It's even worse than it used to be because so many of the shakos are round now and not actually head shaped.