Drum Corps Conspiracy Theories/Obscure Facts?

2 hours ago, MikeD said:

When I marched in the Cadets we used to have  drill practice in the parking lot of the Bergen County jail in Hackensack in the evenings. We could hear the inmates yelling through the windows. 

i wonder if us playing the same 12 minutes if music for hours on end, all summer long, would qualify as cruel and unusual punishment.  😀

“Holy #### PLAY SOMETHING DIFFERENT.” 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Even worse when learning new drill. “Do that part again”. 😱😱😱

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, MikeD said:

When I marched in the Cadets we used to have  drill practice in the parking lot of the Bergen County jail in Hackensack in the evenings. We could hear the inmates yelling through the windows. 

i wonder if us playing the same 12 minutes if music for hours on end, all summer long, would qualify as cruel and unusual punishment.  😀

Crossmen for many years rehearsed at the State Institution at Embreeville, outside of West Chester. the natives often yelled at the corps. a few visited. legendary stories abound

Original show for Cadets 2011-2013 probably hits.
I believe it was pearl harbor and then a park show

8 hours ago, fighterkit said:

Original show for Cadets 2011-2013 probably hits.
I believe it was pearl harbor and then a park show

Whoa, that's a really interesting one. What do you mean by "park show"?

33 minutes ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

Whoa, that's a really interesting one. What do you mean by "park show"?

If my memory is correct I believe it was based off of “Sunday night in the park” by Steven Sondheim but I don’t fully recall.

All I remember is for a period of time the cadets scrapped shows and had to re do them, similar to scv 13/14  

someome more knowledgeable can correct me on the original show concepts for cadets

edit: i lied. It was cadets 12 that was originally Pearl Harbor and got changed to 12.25

Edited by fighterkit

59 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

I don't know much about 13 but would love to hear more. Word on the street is that the original 14 show was scrapped, and an 04 reboot was plugged in. Honestly, it was a bit of a let down for me to discover that the reboot was a backup plan, especially since I wasn't around that season to see crowd reactions. The show turned out wonderfully so I have no shade for the MMs at all, of course. Just wish JF hadn't been involved at all bc I'm sure his ego was involved somehow.

There won't be further reboots of 04/14 as far as I have been told.

Just something I had heard from a buddy who marched scvc and was close to the vanguard org. I’ll message him and ask if he knows the original 13 show as well. 
Apparently 13 was a very last second change and 14 was supposed to be a carnival show and changed last second. 
I’m very biased towards 04/14 since it’s one of my favorite orchestral works but I always am curious how a carnival show would’ve ended up

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Curious.

Indeed Rimsky-Korsakov's work remains breathtaking and both shows honored it in their own whimsical ways. I listened to an orchestral version daily pre tour and while touring. :music:

Thanks for asking around. Carnival sounds like either JF or og alum in origin but I'm curious and eager to be wrong and reconnect to the lore. I don't think SC ever really left the Dark Years administratively... and last-minute changes are a telltale symptom of the presence of this ghost that has haunted my corps.

Despite that ghost's lingering stench, there's still no place like SC to this day.

Unfortunately the buddy I know who marched in the org doesn’t know what the original show for the 13 was as it was before his time and they scrubbed all the backstage videos of it. 
Shame that he doesn’t know. I was always a fan of learning little history like this

• Thanks 1