Drum Corps Conspiracy Theories/Obscure Facts?

2 hours ago, DAvery said:

I did a band transcription of Cage's 4'22" a few years ago. Personally, I don't think it would transcribe well for all brass. 

It wouldve been a nice change from
"MY SHOT"
every four seconds

On 11/28/2022 at 3:54 PM, Orwellian Wiress said:

- Spotify. Currently, BD is the only corps to have any music on Spotify. There is an unofficial DCI playlist on Spotify that includes them, and also has dead links with well-known titles like "Felliniesque", "Metamorph", "Babylon" and most interestingly "Babylon- Impact". When you try to play a song from a dead link, nothing happens or a notification pops up saying "Song unavailable". I also heard that the BD artist page is unofficial, but they posted a full album of just drum cadences in 2020.

Not sure what you mean here.  The Anaheim Kingsmen are on Spotify.  I listen when I'm feeling nostalgic and so do my neighbors. 

• Haha 2

On 11/26/2022 at 9:28 AM, scheherazadesghost said:

TOC, I dub thee as the sole and Supreme Hero of all drum corps ever forever thanks to your tireless consumption of bread ends when no one else had the fortitude, strength, and compassion to do so, those monsters!

Lol, eating the ends wasn't my first instinct, but when I saw enough mostly empty bags with nothing but the ends, I hopped to. Apparently, it's a goofy phenomenon observed across corps. 🤣

I can tell you this...I ate enough end pieces that I now flat REFUSE to eat end pieces. I won't do it...NOPE

• Haha 1

On 11/29/2022 at 10:29 AM, DAvery said:

I did a band transcription of Cage's 4'22" a few years ago. Personally, I don't think it would transcribe well for all brass. 

Is that like a prequel to John Cage's 4'33" ?

• Like 1

Arsenal 2019 controversy.

4 hours ago, MikeD said:

End pieces are my favirite. Esp spreading PB so it doesn’t shred the bread.

#TeamBreadHeel

• Haha 3