The Cadets 2023

1 hour ago, DAYGO said:

My son is a contracted member and would not give anything away other than to say that this is going to be a "special" season.  He LOVES the music.  Can't wait....

This is excitable news. Thanks! 

• Like 1

i heard good things....in spite of the fall drama things picked up where they left off in August

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i heard good things....in spite of the fall drama things picked up where they left off in August

Right now, we're focusing on good things. We're not dwelling on the past. 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Before I come down with pre-mature infatuation, I am pleased to hear that my favorite corps seems to be righting the ship with a recommitment to Cadetsism....Through all the tumult of this off season, it's encouraging that the Cadets are still here and apparently getting healthy..Carry on!....peace

• Like 2

23 hours ago, CadetDood said:

I was there. I don't want to give away anything about the show, but the brass and perc played through the first two movements at the end of camp. If the show keeps moving in the same direction as the music the corps has so far, I think it has the potential to be one of my favorite Cadets shows of all time. The music is THAT cool. 

Is it music that’s new to Cadets or drum corps? Contemporary(ish)? Throw us a bone 😉

• Like 4

There is a great vibe in Cadet-land.  The talent level of the membership is the best it has been in a number of years, long time volunteers are coming back and are happy with the changes they are seeing and the way they are being treated and the Administration is making progress in moving the corps in the right direction.  
I think the Cadets are going to surprise some people this season, and in the next few weeks

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 1/19/2023 at 12:08 PM, Brian Tuma said:

Is it music that’s new to Cadets or drum corps? Contemporary(ish)? Throw us a bone 😉

All I’ll say is it’s new pieces to the corps, more modern (in a competitive sense), but still true to the corps identity. I love it, it feels like the corps making the right steps forward without just selling out to what others have been doing lately. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

10 hours ago, M R said:

There is a great vibe in Cadet-land.  The talent level of the membership is the best it has been in a number of years, long time volunteers are coming back and are happy with the changes they are seeing and the way they are being treated and the Administration is making progress in moving the corps in the right direction.  
I think the Cadets are going to surprise some people this season, and in the next few weeks

6 hours ago, CadetDood said:

All I’ll say is it’s new pieces to the corps, more modern (in a competitive sense), but still true to the corps identity. I love it, it feels like the corps making the right steps forward without just selling out to what others have been doing lately. 

While I'm decidedly not getting my hopes TOO high until I hear something for myself, it's refreshing to hear something like this come out of a Cadets camp for the first time (for me) in a few years. 

• Like 1