The Cadets 2023

1 hour ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Exactly my plan! Then Mr. Mast is next..... lol! Ahhh I can see it now, Cavies headquarters right next to my barn.

You should have enough time to turn the barn into a very good practice location.  Sorry, the farm animals and equipment need to be moved. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Exactly my plan! Then Mr. Mast is next..... lol! Ahhh I can see it now, Cavies headquarters right next to my barn.

He was just inducted into your old school's hall of fame very recently, btw.

7 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Thing is, all the "sh#t " you refer to was self inflicted.

Even after they moved to Allentown ,The Cadets tried to maintain at least some "ties" to Northern New Jersey, including performing, if I recall  correctly ,their Christmas Show , on a Sunday morning, after Mass , in front of the  "Most Holy Name" church.

Not anymore.

"Acknowledging their NJ  roots " would be as simple as holding a North Jersey Show, if they are performing in the area.

Maybe acknowledging their local alumni at the show.

The people in North Jersey supported the corps the entire time they were in NJ, going back to long before 

DCI.

As I posted, I still maintain my M&G Membership.

As I also posted, I wish the corps nothing but the best in Erie.

Unfortunately, the actions off their organization over the years , have turned off a lot of alumni and fans in the part of North Jersey where I live.

Hopefully the people in charge now will try to rectify that.

Well, according to their alumni social media pages, they're doing a pretty good job of reaching out to Alumni so there are many people who are quite happy with them as of late. The new staff there is doing everything in their power to rectify the "self inflicted wounds" that were caused before many of them were even there. As I implied earlier. Everyone cannot be pleased if they don't want to be pleased. If some people refuse to acknowledge the hardships the organization was in, and the staff there now have been trying to fix, then I don't think that's a Cadets problem. They're doing the best they can with what they have, with what's going on with the current times, and given the state of DCI as a whole. 

• Like 9

The Cadets doing some Hans Zimmer music this year. Nice! 

• Like 2

On 5/5/2023 at 11:17 AM, JimF-LowBari said:

No idea how “simple” it is to host a show on a given date (when performing in the area). They would have to find an available show and rehearsal sites on that date. Plus have other corps be close and able to participate.

And if NJ alumni and fans are turned off, then how successful can it be targeting those PO’ed people?

Depending on the tour flow dci wants, a show in NJ may not have been feasible. With No USBands ties Met Life gets a whole lot more expensive to run. Clifton is Clifton for all of the reasons mentioned elsewhere. 

I know it's not north Jersey but we are doing a show in Glassboro, NJ before Allentown!  I kinda got a taste of what was being discussed before and it was honestly the best thing for Cadets to move everything to Erie.  Everything on one campus.  A stable (and great) facility/facilities with plenty of room and storage. Also it being a sports complex allows for more community involvement, of which are already being planned.  We're hosting a marching band clinic and community performance for the city of Erie.  I know this wasn't the original point of thr conversation earlier but a big reason I came back and a reason a lot of people I know came back, was the modernizing of the organization.   They're truly in a great spot. 

Ps hope everyone is liking what's been released of the show so far 🙂

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, guard2004 said:

I know it's not north Jersey but we are doing a show in Glassboro, NJ before Allentown!  I kinda got a taste of what was being discussed before and it was honestly the best thing for Cadets to move everything to Erie.  Everything on one campus.  A stable (and great) facility/facilities with plenty of room and storage. Also it being a sports complex allows for more community involvement, of which are already being planned.  We're hosting a marching band clinic and community performance for the city of Erie.  I know this wasn't the original point of thr conversation earlier but a big reason I came back and a reason a lot of people I know came back, was the modernizing of the organization.   They're truly in a great spot. 

Ps hope everyone is liking what's been released of the show so far 🙂

Thanks for your input. Those are the points I feel are most important. 

• Like 2