The Cadets 2023

On 5/5/2023 at 5:56 PM, 2000Cadet said:

Well, according to their alumni social media pages, they're doing a pretty good job of reaching out to Alumni so there are many people who are quite happy with them as of late. The new staff there is doing everything in their power to rectify the "self inflicted wounds" that were caused before many of them were even there. As I implied earlier. Everyone cannot be pleased if they don't want to be pleased. If some people refuse to acknowledge the hardships the organization was in, and the staff there now have been trying to fix, then I don't think that's a Cadets problem. They're doing the best they can with what they have, with what's going on with the current times, and given the state of DCI as a whole. 

The team is working very hard, on multiple fronts, towards the future health of Cadets Arts and Entertainment every day.   Feel free to reach out anytime for questions to Cryanlawrence@Cadets.org.  Thanks for the kind words 2000Cadet!  

Edited by Chris RL FHNSAB
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Chris RL FHNSAB said:

The team is working very hard, on multiple fronts, and working towards the future health of Cadets Arts and Entertainment every day.   Feel free to reach out anytime for questions to Cryanlawrence@Cadets.org.  Thanks for the kind words 2000Cadet!  

For those with questions. I'm 100% sure they're pretty receptive. 

1 hour ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Perks of working from home all day haha

I work from home too but clearly I'm not as fast as you lol...

16 hours ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

https://cadets.org/mgday

Percussion video released!

They sound fantastic! Dang!!!

• Like 2

This has the potential to be one of my favorite Cadet shows, ever. The music is powerful and inspiring, Very much looking forward to the product on the field this year! 

The Cadets playing  Hans Zimmer music has been a successful formula before. Angels and Demons was incredible in 2011.  I think Zimmer’s  theme from Superman is one of the most inspiring pieces in film from the past decade. It’s an instantly recognizable piece. 

It isn’t just this piece, but all of them being a perfect fit to being both a very powerful and inspiring show. The Batman piece to close the show is something I saw in Lances’ “ music corps should do” thread. I have been hoping for years it would make the field at some point.  I have wondered why more corps haven’t thought about taking Zimmer’s score in those Batman movies and arranging them to be their own. We will finally get that chance this year. 

I was also very impressed with The Cadets visual last year, especially the drill to their opener. I hope we can see more of that this year. 

Edited by Dmlkmen
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Dmlkmen said:

This has the potential to be one of my favorite Cadet shows, ever. The music is powerful and inspiring, Very much looking forward to the product on the field this year! 

The Cadets playing  Hans Zimmer music has been a successful formula before. Angels and Demons was incredible in 2011.  I think Zimmer’s  theme from Superman is one of the most inspiring pieces in film from the past decade. It’s an instantly recognizable piece. 

It isn’t just this piece, but all of them being a perfect fit to being both a very powerful and inspiring show. The Batman piece to close the show is something I saw in Lances’ “ music corps should do” thread. I have been hoping for years it would make the field at some point.  I have wondered why more corps haven’t thought about taking Zimmer’s score in those Batman movies and arranging them to be their own. We will finally get that chance this year. 

I was also very impressed with The Cadets visual last year, especially the drill to their opener. I hope we can see more of that this year. 

A while back, Jon Bilby had posted a video short of what the drill was supposed to look like for that show if they had performed it back in 2020 before the Pandemic hit. Let me just say, I hope the drill in this year's show looks somewhat close to what he posted in that video. 

• Like 6