The Cadets 2023

6 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Good.  With this much time (43 days) in ST any score less than 82 at their July debut is a failure.  

I don't think that's how this works. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Good.  With this much time (43 days) in ST any score less than 82 at their July debut is a failure.  

I gotta respectfully disagree brother. No one is coming out scoring 82+ their first show. Felliniesque was like 74 out the gate, I think BD 2010 has the highest first show score at 76 (might be wrong on that.)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I don't think that's how this works. 

3 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I gotta respectfully disagree brother. No one is coming out scoring 82+ their first show. Felliniesque was like 74 out the gate, I think BD 2010 has the highest first show score at 76 (might be wrong on that.)

I know number is likely unrealistic.   But my point is that at 43 days of ST they better come out smokin’.  As others have pointed out ST is a huge money drain.  Every Corps needs to ensure maximum return on investment. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I know number is likely unrealistic.   But my point is that at 43 days of ST they better come out smokin’.  As others have pointed out ST is a huge money drain.  Every Corps needs to ensure maximum return on investment. 

Point taken.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

The thing is, corps have been doing ST’s for a number of years now.  But with varying lengths of ST’s and several winter camps,  they still usually come out in the low 70’s at best.  What may happen is a faster rise in scoring than usual. But I don’t expect a “longer” ST to get anyone a significantly higher score out of the gate.  

• Like 1

Scores might be a little higher out of the gate than previous years due to the shortened tour because....

The opening score probably has less to do with the cleanliness of the show and more to do with the amount of head room to leave for continual improvement in scores to arrive at a 97/98 on finals night for the top corps and intervals down the ranks.

• Like 2

Or if they do give them mid/low 70s out of the gate, there will be adjustment at the big regional shows or somewhere that get the projected totals there