Should Cadets Have Won Drums?

Seth_h

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think not, with scvs great performances and the sheer talent of their line, and bd's showmanship i dont think so. yeah bd might not have been as clean but i really think they were better. scv by far was cleaner. also they musicality and demand of their book far exedes cadets, seeing as how cadets played half of this years book in 01 and 02. not tryuing to hate jus getting fed up with streaks. thankfully one ended this year.

i think not, with scvs great performances and the sheer talent of their line, and bd's showmanship i dont think so. yeah bd might not have been as clean but i really think they were better. scv by far was cleaner. also they musicality and demand of their book far exedes cadets, seeing as how cadets played half of this years book in 01 and 02. not tryuing to hate jus getting fed up with streaks. thankfully one ended this year.

:usa:

Couldn't have put it Better myself! Sorry I'm not impressed with what Cadets are playing.

period

(what no Flam Rudiments)?

up until 1983 you got points for the Content of your Book! Hence all the Great lines of Days gone by.

:usa:

Couldn't have put it Better myself! Sorry I'm not impressed with what Cadets are playing.

period

(what no Flam Rudiments)?

up until 1983 you got points for the Content of your Book! Hence all the Great lines of Days gone by.

No flam rudiments? Wow! Have you watched the Vic Firth in the lot videos? You must not know what flam rudiments look or sound like because you were only a timpani player for BD back in the 70's. I see that you don't like what the cadets play but do you really have to put them down every chance you get? It's getting old.

I think Phantom should have won it. They were clean and musical. As far as Cadets go, they were clean but SCV and PR were cleaner and more musical. Also, when I watch the Vic Firth bid of just the Cadets bases, the rythmic inaccuracies are scary. I say they are scary because it was't just in one spot, it was all over the place. I don't remember much about the pits but from what I do remember SCV had a better pit also.

Edited by Seth_h

EEEEEEVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNN

NNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG that scv played... every thing... warmups... everything... that they played was amazing... i know it's not a parking lot competition but the things that they are doing are revolutionary. the end of the closer rolls at full extension... how exposed was that... what ever happened to points based on demand... not that what cadets were doing was easy... but to quote peter griffen... c'mon... c'mooooooooon...

Just a question??????

If the Cadets were as bad as most of you think- how in the world did they win? I am not musically proficient so I depend on the judges.

Don't the judges have experience in the area they judge? Are some here confusing what they like with what is actually better?

Do the judges have their heads up their arses, what is the deal?