Santa Clara Vanguard 2023 Announcement Thread

Toby

6 minutes ago, Bruckner8 said:

It's only December. Every single qualified SCV member will find a spot in another corps in an equal competitive tier if they try. Not one single corps has "set" their line yet. Granted, I feel sorry for those who were "all in", as you say, because they spent money and effort already, but if they really want the DCI experience, they'll make it work.

I'm sad for my home team, and I worry that this is just the beginning of the end. Maybe it has to burn down before it can be built again. Time will tell.

Boston has set their drum line as of this past weekend's callback camp.  They have posted group pictures of each section, as a matter of fact.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

I feel really bad for anyone who was all in with SCV this season since other corps have already had tryouts and contracts so it’s likely too late. 

Especially the kids who were aging out.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

The bottom line is that when you have a revolving door of leadership at the administrative level, it’s difficult to pivot and diversify like their neighbors across the Bay. Their neighbors have stability in their leadership. They have diversified their sources of revenue via acquisition of USBands, running BD Entertainment, etc and other circuits. Meanwhile SCV is looking more and more like Blockbuster video, lacking the vision of the aforementioned hoping that Bingo will solve their problems. Even in the statement released tonight, they banked on a city council to allow another Bingo Hall to open. To say it’s out of their control is a little disingenuous.

Edited by Jeffe77
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, craiga said:

Boston has set their drum line as of this past weekend's callback camp.  They have posted group pictures of each section, as a matter of fact.  

Schedules are a lot different this year, for sure. Bluecoats percussion callbacks are in 4 days. I think we're seeing a lot of groups efforting to get members contracted before wgi rather than after this year.

Hoping for the best.

The announcement just popped up in my Twitter feed.  Still trying to pick my jaw up off the floor. 

On the percussion front, I’m hearing Phantom Regiment’s line is not set. Rennick’s disciples are running the show there. I expect the Rennick’s to bring in as much of their UNT crew over. Heck, he could be a “consultant”.

4 minutes ago, Jeffe77 said:

On the percussion front, I’m hearing Phantom Regiment’s line is not set. Rennick’s disciples are running the show there. I expect the Rennick’s to bring in as much of their UNT crew over. Heck, he could be a “consultant”.

He's already the book writer at Troopers. Baller move would be for the SCV vets to go over there en masse.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1