Santa Clara Vanguard 2023 Announcement Thread

Toby

4 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

He's already the book writer at Troopers. Baller move would be for the SCV vets to go over there en masse.

I doubted when I just heard that Troopers had over 120 for just drums at their camp this last weekend. Over 60 of those just for snare.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

While I want to be angry at your comment, I can't. It stings 'cause it strikes true to this ole bat. Ultimately if this move keeps MMs safer, then so be it. Fix it, VMAPA, all of it. I'm hoping the changeover in the CFO role has something to do with this and wish Ms. Bauman godspeed.

Food for thought below regarding our friends across the bay:

It angered me to make the comment as a huge fan and donor to SCV. 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I'm sad that this is happening to SCV. I'm deeply afraid this won't be the last corps in this situation. 

Same here. Drum corps is just too expensive. Need to reduce costs. Stop hauling around a semi-trailer full of props and buying new unis every year. I have said for years that drum corps must regionalize to reduce costs. The problem is there just aren't enough drum corps left and I am afraid it will get worse. I mean SCV went inactive??? Really??? Wow. Sad. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Scooter Pirtle said:

So sad for SCV. So where are all these players going? How will this affect auditions at the other corps?

Good question.  My son was "all in" and looking forward to call backs this weekend.  He's devastated.  

• Sad 4

15 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

He's already the book writer at Troopers. Baller move would be for the SCV vets to go over there en masse.

Probably wouldn't seem baller to kids who had set Troopers as their target long ago and are weeks away from getting contracts. 

• Thanks 6

2 minutes ago, GetOFFmyDot said:

While the “arms race” of props, new uniforms each year, new instruments, etc… is a contributing factor to rising costs, i think we really need to explore an area of exploding costs: STAFF.

Designers, consultants, advisors, and (in some sections) more techs then MMs.

it has to be curtailed. 

You do realize those folks are not present at all times and rotate shifts on tour. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GetOFFmyDot said:

While the “arms race” of props, new uniforms each year, new instruments, etc… is a contributing factor to rising costs, i think we really need to explore an area of exploding costs: STAFF.

Designers, consultants, advisors, and (in some sections) more techs then MMs.

it has to be curtailed. 

Poppycock was eviscerated on here for saying that.  What did he call them? 🤔

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1