1974 Open Class finals. (Currently world class’

I am wondering, are there any vets who marched 1974 dci world championships in Ithaca, NY?

22 minutes ago, RiverCityAndTroopersFan said:

I am wondering, are there any vets who marched 1974 dci world championships in Ithaca, NY?

Did not march in the show . But I drove up there to see it  together with my brother at a spur of the moment thing  . In ‘74 We had no tickets , no hotel reservations . We got there after the 6-7 hour drive to find out all hotel rooms in the area were booked . DCI then quickly set up arrangements at Ithaca College to allow folks to stay in the dorms and at a pretty decent rate too . We got a room on the top floor and from below we could actually see what corps were lining up one after the other for prelims . We got tickets and It was awesome . We saw a corps perform at prelims that was pretty new that we really did not know that much about and thought they performed well enough to maybe make finals .. which they did . 11th .  The corps was from Concord , California .. 😊

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

Did not march in the show . But I drove up there to see it  together with my brother at a spur of the moment thing  . In ‘74 We had no tickets , no hotel reservations . We got there after the 6-7 hour drive to find out all hotel rooms in the area were booked . DCI then quickly set up arrangements at Ithaca College to allow folks to stay in the dorms and at a pretty decent rate too . We got a room on the top floor and from below we could actually see what corps were lining up one after the other for prelims . We got tickets and It was awesome . We saw a corps perform at prelims that was pretty new that we really did not know that much about and thought they performed well enough to maybe make finals .. which they did . 11th .  The corps was from Concord , California .. 😊

The BLUE DEVILS!

• Like 1

I marched Ithaca. It was the year Regiment made it into finals for the first time!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sutasaurus said:

I marched Ithaca. It was the year Regiment made it into finals for the first time!

Cool

3 hours ago, RiverCityAndTroopersFan said:

Still alive....?  Why, yes, me.  It was my last competitive Drum Corps show.  We came in 3rd at finals. 

Dang bottle dance. 

Edited by greg_orangecounty
  • Like 3

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

My husband did with Kilties.  Too bad we can’t post pictures here.  He aged out there and turns 70 tomorrow. 

Give him my happy birthday regards!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Still alive....?  Why, yes, me.  It was my last competitive Drum Corps show.  We came in 3rd at finals. 

Dang bottle dance. 

My dad grew up in Ithaca and said he could hear the bands from his house, so I wanted to do more research.