#DCI2023 rules proposal voting results

13 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Last time DCI suggested woodwinds, a global pandemic happened that shut down Drum Corps for one season, and Drum Corps Competition for two seasons.  Hopefully they learned their lesson. 

My take on people wanting woodwinds in drum corps that have brought it up to the rules congress 1.37 zillion times

bitternessdemotivator.jpeg?v=1403275901

• Haha 4

5a0cbd313dbef471018b649e?width=1000&form

13 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

The mere mention of ww caused Covid. The fact that it didn’t pass deflected the asteroid.  😎

I voted for that Asteroid for president in 2020......

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Well, with shorter shows, it should now cost less to design, teach, and clean the show.  Budget devoted to this part of the financial pie should now be required to decrease proportionally to the decrease in show length.  In addition, spring training (which is a significant cost in terms of facility rental and food costs) can also be shortened.

I don’t think there will be a cost savings. I would assume the costs of design will not change. Those who design probably do not charge by the minute. Since the time spent rehearsing will not change, instructors will still be putting in the same amount of time. 

5 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I voted for that Asteroid for president in 2020......

I almost wrote in Krusty the Clown (Simpsons reference) for one election (won’t say which one). But couldn’t remember how to spell Herschel Krustofski (his real name).

Still like the “elect Bozo, what’s another clown in politics “

• Haha 4

37 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Dang; I was hoping...  :spitting:

I will never complain about a 19lbs Premier marching snare again. (Ok that's a lie....I will still complain about them)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, waliman4444 said:

8 Minutes?...Isn't that like BOA ?..So the audience participant(me) will pay more for less(possibly)? So I guess the adjudicators will not penalize a corps for an 8 minute show vs. an 11 minute show of equal quality?Maybe it's me, but I always thought drum corps contests (shows) could evolve into even longer presentations...But I guess logistics and travel considerations prevent that...With an activity that can't guarantee that you will see a show (outdoors), giving fans more not less seems reasonable..Also, going to a show with only 4 or 5 corps is going to be rough if you have to travel more than 2 hours both ways..So FLO will become even more important(yikes)!!!..All the above is just the rambling of a senior citizen who loves drum corps..I defer to my learned DCPers who know the activity better.

I agree that with fewer shows and fewer corps competing in shows, now is not the time to shorten shows. I wonder if corps who have longer shows will be rewarded for their efforts. I know last summer had a number of challenges, especially for corps that did not participate in the. 2021 season, but I attended a show last summer where a corps only has six minutes of their show completed and they won the division against corps that did have shows that met the length requirement. I didn’t disagree with the placement but did find it unfair that they were not penalized for it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I agree that with fewer shows and fewer corps competing in shows, now is not the time to shorten shows. I wonder if corps who have longer shows will be rewarded for their efforts. I know last summer had a number of challenges, especially for corps that did not participate in the. 2021 season, but I attended a show last summer where a corps only has six minutes of their show completed and they won the division against corps that did have shows that met the length requirement. I didn’t disagree with the placement but did find it unfair that they were not penalized for it. 

Taking this to a logical conclusion, ticket (& for that matter Flo subscription) costs should decrease proportionally to the performance length.  

12 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Despair.com

My favorite site for motivational (de-motivational) posters and calendars. When I worked on site, I had these up all over my office LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

I don’t think there will be a cost savings. I would assume the costs of design will not change. Those who design probably do not charge by the minute. Since the time spent rehearsing will not change, instructors will still be putting in the same amount of time. 

Shorter rentals on show venues, less time needed to get the show complete as the season has been shortened due to rising costs.