Dan Acheson to Retire in 2023

Umm...people? You realize that the individuals who appoint or hire the CEO of any company are.....the Board of Directors, right?

Again, if you're all worried about it, contact DCI and let them know you'd like to be considered for Board membership next time an opening comes up.

I had the opportunity to work for Dan and the DCI Tour crew as the PA announcer at a few shows. Dan went out of his way to make me feel welcome, and I really appreciated that. 

A good man. I wish him well. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Slingerland said:

Santa Clara tried that a couple of Exec Directors ago. Didn't work out so well. 

There are some smart people in the arts marketing world who have drum corps backgrounds but don't work in the activity day to day. Going to someone with NO knowledge from the inside would likely be a mistake (GM wouldn't hire someone who's never been around cars as CEO), but I'd agree to the extent that going to someone who runs a corps now wouldn't be the best hire.

One might argue that getting RID of that person went worse...

11 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

WOW! welcome back, been sometime. Hope you are well and Happy New Year

Not "back" by any definition.  Hopeful, but not optimistic, about the activity's future with the announcement of the ending of the longest "leadership" position outside of Congress.

But thanks, and best wishes back to you and several others here.

Edited by garfield
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1