Dan Acheson to Retire in 2023

Plus there would probably be heads exploding in Fort Mill at the very suggestion of a former Boston Crusader running DCI.  I can only imagine.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Just so they don’t pull a Toobin. That could be embarrassing. 

Had to google that 🤮. Only video conference I ever did was with a doctor. But plenty of phone conferences that thank goodness were not using video phones. If I’m by myself I have a tendency to  roll my eyes, make faces, do the “get to the bleeping point” with hand movements…. 
High/low point was when a contractor called me a liar over a conference call with 20 other people. Was at my desk with a young lady co-worker. I calmly explained what I was talking about…. While giving the phone the finger. My co-worker almost went under the desk 😳😱
Next week that contractor wasn’t on the project… yeah someone checked and I DID know what I was talking about 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Tim K said:

He’s deeply rooted in drum corps, knows first hand how corps operate, in the private sector he held a job in one of the most prestigious and successful investment firms in the country, he’s respected and beloved in the drum corps community, he’s diplomatic and tactful yet has a backbone. Many of us have said we want DCI to have more oversight and authority, he could be someone who may know how it can be done without taking away too much autonomy from the corps. If selected he may not serve as long as Don Pesceone or Dan Acheson, but sometimes a shorter tenure is not a bad thing. I don’t know if he’d want the job, he loves his family and it would require relocating which would be huge factors to consider for what could turn out to be a thankless job, but he’d be an excellent choice.

Tony's not dumb. Which is why i can see him saying "I'm not pahking my cah in that yahd"

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Wonder how working remote from home would work for DCI. Zoom meetings and being able to give irritating people the finger out of camera range should do it.

happens in the board room now LOL