I was the Board Treasure for SCV for 6 years

15 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

SCV is in the middle of Silicon Valley.  There's gotta be an alum out there who made it big in the tech world willing to help them.  Yes, I know a vast majority are not local today, I'm talking about over the course of the past 50 years when many were.  

No?  

Maybe:

"On the line, from Santa Clara California, The Santa Clara Google-Guard"

("Google" would be in their font & color scheme)

No? It flows... 😁

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

15 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

SCV is in the middle of Silicon Valley.  There's gotta be an alum out there who made it big in the tech world willing to help them.  Yes, I know a vast majority are not local today, I'm talking about over the course of the past 50 years when many were.  

No?  

Ironic timing as this morning found out a co founder of YouTube (Chad Hurley) went to my college and donated a boatload to help build a civic center on campus. Problem for SCV is he was born in Reading PA and college in western PA so 🤷🏻

Edited by JimF-LowBari

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

my Dad's Legion post in a small suburb of Harrisburg thrives with their 2 games a week! Since had experience calling bingo when our corps had a game going, he got suckered....err asked to call for at least one of their nights. They get a good crowd both nights and have some good payouts. 

and since my step-mom passed away, it gets him out of the house. And somehow he got them to keep Strohs on hand for him

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

my Dad's Legion post in a small suburb of Harrisburg thrives with their 2 games a week! Since had experience calling bingo when our corps had a game going, he got suckered....err asked to call for at least one of their nights. They get a good crowd both nights and have some good payouts. 

and since my step-mom passed away, it gets him out of the house. And somehow he got them to keep Strohs on hand for him

Lol and when your dad and I both worked at Westshore bingo in early 80s, I had a specific job at times. 
Go for Strohs run at the local bar down 6th street (whatever the name was at the time). Yeah I would get to bingo late so filled in jobs as needed. (And was over 21…)

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, keystone3ply said:
18 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

No?  

Maybe:

No? It flows... 😁

I know such an alum.

He carried me to Amana when I couldn't walk. And as I revisit my current obligations as a whistleblower, he's bolstering me from a distance with some of the strongest doses of alumni support I've received since I marched. He's also keeping me honest. We've barely spoken since 2005, and yet, he's just as supportive as ever. Several other alum who didn't go into tech or stay in the Bay Area are also doing this.

These are just some of the amazing alum out there, who still uphold the integrity and compassion I remember them having. They are outstanding human beings. Just underutilized.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Maybe:

No? It flows... 😁

Given what’s going on with the tech companies’ laying off thousands of workers, I’m not quite sure they are in the position to give hundreds of thousands of dollars to philanthropy projects. As for the former MMs who work/worked for said tech companies I’m pretty sure that a good portion of their disposable income is now being directed back into their families to make ends meet. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

5 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Lol and when your dad and I both worked at Westshore bingo in early 80s, I had a specific job at times. 
Go for Strohs run at the local bar down 6th street (whatever the name was at the time). Yeah I would get to bingo late so filled in jobs as needed. (And was over 21…)

Is Strohs better than Milwaukee's Best? We drank a lot of "The Beast" in college 'cause it was cheap... :guinesssmilie: 

1 minute ago, keystone3ply said:

Is Strohs better than Milwaukee's Best? We drank a lot of "The Beast" in college 'cause it was cheap... :guinesssmilie: 

Please tell me Brett Kavanaugh wasn’t involved.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

That's like asking "which tastes better, moose urine or elk urine?"

• Haha 4

59 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

had Strohs but friend spilled some cigar ashes on his carpet. He put Milwaukees Best on a rag and that cleaned the ashes out real good. 😱

Western PA cheap beer was Iron City.. aka Iron Sh####. 😈

• Haha 1