DCA competing in DCI

8 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Not a packed house at the Grand Prix anymore. For several years now. 

oh ok...been 20 years since i was there. 

15 hours ago, waliman4444 said:

Brooklyn's Carter Cadets and WYNN CENTER P.A.L. 

Definitely. Two terrific city corps. 

And the Riversiders from NYC. My older brothers got started in drum corps in 1967 with a NJ Garden State Circuit group. I'd go to shows with my folks, and the Riversiders were the first corps to really get my attention. They were great that year... dominated the circuit. 

• Like 2

On 1/31/2023 at 12:37 PM, Terri Schehr said:

I went in 2011 and it was decidedly not a full house.  

Saw a video recently of the 1998 Grand Prix in Clifton and the NY Skyliners Alumni corps' exhibition at the start of the evening. The concert side was filled, and it's a good-sized stadium. And this before the DCA corps even took the field that night.

Sorry if this sounds like a "get off my lawn/back in MY day" post... but times indeed have changed.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2023 at 9:49 AM, Fran Haring said:

Definitely. Two terrific city corps. 

And the Riversiders from NYC. My older brothers got started in drum corps in 1967 with a NJ Garden State Circuit group. I'd go to shows with my folks, and the Riversiders were the first corps to really get my attention. They were great that year... dominated the circuit. 

Riversiders were great then. The Wynn Center Toppers were good too. There was a corps from Newark in the GSC, St Martin's Troubadors. Their unis and my corps (Livingston Imperial Guardsmen) unis were almost identical. We were pretty close competitively in 68 and 69, around the middle of the circuit.

Edited by MikeD
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1