Titans

If DCI's fortunes ever improve, the Titans announced their stadium will get artificial turf to improve safety (you read that right).

If DCI ever wanted a change from Murfreesboro at a pro venue, depending on stadium rental, this opens a new possibility.

Edited by wolfgang

40 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

It would be cool if this thread were titled "Titans stadium will get artificial turf."

Not counting on DCI's fortunes to improve? 😂

• Like 1

If artificial or natural turf really a deal breaker for any DCI shows?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

If artificial or natural turf really a deal breaker for any DCI shows?

I can't remember where it was...but the Cavaliers marched a show in 2019, with Boston right behind them. After both corps marched the show organizers turned it to a standstill because the oversized heavy props were tearing up the turf. So I bet it could be at least an issue. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

I can't remember where it was...but the Cavaliers marched a show in 2019, with Boston right behind them. After both corps marched the show organizers turned it to a standstill because the oversized heavy props were tearing up the turf. So I bet it could be at least an issue. 

I remember that show.  The school board or the stadium staff had a hissy.

I read about the turf change yesterday on the news.  The weather in Nashville prevents them from being able to keep good turf grass healthy the entire NFL season.  They also found out their field caused more lower body injuries than any other stadium... artificial turn included.  That's why they're switching over to monofilament field turf.

9 hours ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

I remember that show.  The school board or the stadium staff had a hissy.

I read about the turf change yesterday on the news.  The weather in Nashville prevents them from being able to keep good turf grass healthy the entire NFL season.  They also found out their field caused more lower body injuries than any other stadium... artificial turn included.  That's why they're switching over to monofilament field turf.

it's a pro soccer stadium in Chester PA. it was wet, and the props killed the natural surface...and that in turn was detrimental to the facilities main tenant.

if the cost is cheaper, move Atlanta there, because word is Mercedes is too expensive to ever use it again

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

it's a pro soccer stadium in Chester PA. it was wet, and the props killed the natural surface...and that in turn was detrimental to the facilities main tenant.

if the cost is cheaper, move Atlanta there, because word is Mercedes is too expensive to ever use it again

Same thing for DATR in Denver. Showed moved to Colorado State in Fort Collins last year. I think that's the new home for the show for at least the next few years.

On 2/2/2023 at 6:05 AM, wolfgang said:

If DCI's fortunes ever improve, the Titans announced their stadium will get artificial turf to improve safety (you read that right).

If DCI ever wanted a change from Murfreesboro at a pro venue, depending on stadium rental, this opens a new possibility.

Is it Astroturf? Lol!