Titans

On 2/2/2023 at 1:38 PM, PopcornEater1963 said:

I can't remember where it was...but the Cavaliers marched a show in 2019, with Boston right behind them. After both corps marched the show organizers turned it to a standstill because the oversized heavy props were tearing up the turf. So I bet it could be at least an issue. 

Chester, PA

I remember that show was a big deal cause the Cavaliers and everyone got scores even though they werent supposed to. (Judges distributed them internally)
A lot of us felt that was unfure

On another note for that show they announced a standstill as we were on the field and we couldnt hear a thing cause of those stupid helmets and the crowd started booing.
We thought they were booing us and got ######. 

7 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

On topic when does the contract with Indy’s stadium run out. Should be interesting to see what a new contract would co$t.

I wanna say they renewed recently to like 2028 and beyond

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Espn story

Nashville just approved funding. The stadium will cost over 2 billion.

I'd guess the rental would too expensive be like Atlanta, but if DCI still exists when ift's dome, along with the park they may build on the existimg site, it would be a cool venue.

OT, didn't someone do a study that showed these publicly-funded stadiums are almost always net money-losers for the cities that build them?

On 2/2/2023 at 8:39 AM, TOC said:

Indy or Nashville?   Hmmmm.

Tennessee will never see a penny of my money. At least, not until they change some things.  Seriously.  How can a corps, with it’s makeup, dancing, and costuming, even perform there anymore without breaking the law?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/2/2023 at 8:57 PM, jimwolf359 said:

Same thing for DATR in Denver. Showed moved to Colorado State in Fort Collins last year. I think that's the new home for the show for at least the next few years.

Bummer no Mile High/Invesco for a while. That was always the first big stadium show of the Season back when.

Edited by Zeke

On 2/2/2023 at 1:42 PM, Tenoris4Jazz said:

I remember that show. 

I Remember the Titans. 

(Was that lame joke already used in this thread?)  

12 hours ago, wolfgang said:

Espn story

Nashville just approved funding. The stadium will cost over 2 billion.

I'd guess the rental would too expensive be like Atlanta, but if DCI still exists when ift's dome, along with the park they may build on the existimg site, it would be a cool venue.

OT, didn't someone do a study that showed these publicly-funded stadiums are almost always net money-losers for the cities that build them?

Drum Corps + Nashville = Fun!  Sign me up. 

• Like 1