Cadets Announce Centennial Endowment

Wow....some folks here are unbelievably cynical and suspicious, bordering on conspiracy theories. I've been giving to my drum corps for decades and I have never once felt compelled to consult an independent accountant or ask for their specific financial intentions.  I give whatever I can afford each year, and every January they send me a thank you with a tax document in case I want to use the deductions.  All of my fellow alums follow suit.  Simple.

• Thanks 1

a forward thinking idea...and one BD has had. i am amazed more corps haven't done the same thing

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

a forward thinking idea...and one BD has had. i am amazed more corps haven't done the same thing

I think Bluecoats have an endowment fund, too.

A financial guy who was with the Cadets six or seven years ago floated the endowment fund plan and got shot down.  Because someone wanted the money NOW. No long term planning.

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

A financial guy who was with the Cadets six or seven years ago floated the endowment fund plan and got shot down.  Because someone wanted the money NOW. No long term planning.

Imagine. They could have been a few years from a reliable income stream that doesn’t need a ton of additional labor to keep going. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

Imagine. They could have been a few years from a reliable income stream that doesn’t need a ton of additional labor to keep going. 

Presuming they get enough people to donate to make it work.

2 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

I knew someone who left everything he owned to a drum corps about ten years ago.  May he rest in peace, he was a great guy. 

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I knew someone who left everything he owned to a drum corps about ten years ago.  May he rest in peace, he was a great guy. 

Church I used to go to (closed now) got a retired minister to help with home visitations. Found out he’d visit and then do a plug for putting the church in your will. Was that a crap storm when that hit as he thought that’s what all churches did. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

well yeah we know how they used to operate. glad to see things are changing....and i heard Bloo had one too. more corps should, and be public about it

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

Exactly. Future planning even if it's 10 years down the road.

thats how most future planning works.

• Like 1